“Great meal !”

Joe's Stone Crab
Ranked #54 of 1,157 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A landmark known for stone crabs, fine food and outstanding service. Started in 1913 and still owned and operated by the same family. Joe's provides the freshest stone crabs, seafood and more. Joe's Take Away is a smaller version of our original restaurant, which features all the specialities, plus amazing salads, sandwiches, specials and an early morning breakfast. Joe's also shipping overnight anywhere in the US.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

wee bit long wait though, probably should have been there earlier.. but the waiters in the bararea were wery attentive ! Food was really good !

1  Thank cathtv
Write a ReviewReviews (6,829)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went here with a friend after hearing a lot reviews during my stay in south beach. I definitely would recommend going with joe's classic since it gives you everything they are known for. My friend went with the cold sea platter and didnt enjoy anything other than the stone crab. The service was absolutely outstanding, the waiters were beyond nice and helpful!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is an absolute must although be prepared for a long wait at certain times. The restaurant is an legend in Miami and is situated a 20 min cab ride from South Beach. It is well worth it. If you don't mind eating early then go there around 5/5.30 latest 6 and then you shouldn't have too much of a wait. At peak times you can wait up to 2 hours. The way it works is that you put your name on a list, wait in the bar and then they call you when there is a table. It is a huge restaurant and they shift people really quickly. They serve the best crab cakes made with lump crab meat and no potato binding it together. It is the first place we go to when we arrive in Miami! We have eaten there dozens of times and it never fails to live up to it's reputation. Just be aware that stone crabs have a season so if you are going there for the stone crabs then don't go in the summer. They do have some but they are not as good.

1  Thank jacki_dee
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Four of us went there for lunch on Sat. Our waiter was very snobbish. Took the guys orders first before us ladies. He did not ask how we wanted our checks divided. Poor job explaining the GROSSLY overpriced menu! I had crab cakes (2 for $24.95) nothing else with them. The guys had the stone crab and said it was just ok, too much work, and sides were fair and again overpriced. Waiter never once came & asked how we were. My husband & I had a glass of wine. Ended with a $92.00 lunch bill for the two of us that was not worth it!!! This place is over rated & priced. Keep your money!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had lunch in the take-away area. It think it was a good idea, infact I see the service in the restaurant is slower. Unfortunately I had a not great key lime pie! It is an awesome area, you can easily reach the beach.

1  Thank Liz M