“RIP OFF! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!”
Review of I Paparazzi

I Paparazzi
Ranked #803 of 1,087 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
“RIP OFF! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

What a terrible place to have a drink. My wife and I had two pina coladas, one of which was a VIRGIN. How on earth could the bill for such a thing be $45 dollars? Oh wait, it's because they don't put their prices on the menu.
Service was wretched. The waitress was in dereliction of duty. The barkeep somehow fouled up a simple pina colada, and when the waitress saw that the barely a sip of it was taken, she simply grabbed it, and then handed us the exorbitant bill. Basic customer service would have dictated that she at least ask "is everything ok?"
And they had the nerve to add a steep to the price? I'm a generous tipper, but come on, don't serve us garbage, make us wait half an hour for it, overcharge us, and then pat yourself on the back for it.
Avoid it. There are plenty of other places on Miami Beach that will rip you off, but will at least cuddle you while they do it.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank ericjcortes

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chantilly, France
“Like the paparazzi photographs”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had better read tripadisor before take a table in this restaurant ;
We took one morito and paella for two personns: 150 US dollars;
If we choice the drink or the meal you got "happy hours" price but as
we took drink plus meal NO chance that means nothing....150 US!
Don't worry you willhave a lot of ice cubes in the drink;
And the paella is rich in rice , very rich...

Never again

A french couple

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“The $57 option in the waiter's head”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

For our last day in Miami we headed to Ocean Drive for a nice meal . We came accross I Paparazzi where we were seated inside. We ordered a Greek salad and Paella with a couple of ice teas. The waiter took our order and asked if we wanted the Royal Paella with crab and lobster. The picture of the Paella had crab and lobster and captioned Royal Paella so we answered yes that's the one. The menu's price was $30 and the waiter made no mention of additional costs. The Paella was very good and it was a large portion. When the bill arrived the single serving of paella was $87. $87 at a place that serves it's ice teas in the thin throw away plastic cups. The kind they serve beer at county fairs only smaller. When we questioned the additional $57 he said it was for the crab and lobster. Asked where is that on the menu, he said it has in his head. The restaurant will no doubt continue to draw because of it's great location and the people South Beach attracts but with the guarenteed 18% customers are just a neccesary annoyance.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank DOUGLAS K
Miami, Florida
“POOR TOURISTS!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I live in Miami but wanted to eat on Ocean Drive so we walked by and this place seemed nice so we decided to stay and eat there. They had $9.95 daily specials so we went with that because the regular menu was outrageously expensive. I ordered the salmon in caper sauce with mashed potatoes and it was a nice size portion , potatoes were obviously out of the Idaho box, but I lived. My daughter ordered fettucine alfredo, this was a big portion and the sauce was very good and tasty. My husband ordered pasta pomodoro. The sauce was also very tasty and well, pasta is pasta. What I did not like was a) the service oh so slowwwww and useless b) they have big fans blowing straight onto the table which puts dust on your food and makes it cold in a heart beat c) the drinks, ah the drinks. We ordered caipirinha a SMALL one and it was an 8 oz glass of overly sweetened lemonade. Since our waitress never came to the table to see if we needed anything he could not let her know he didn't like it so it just stayed on the table and honestly we just forgot to mention it to her when our food arrived. All done and then came the bill. A whooping $19!!! for a caipirinha that we didn't even drink?? at this point my husband pointed out the waitress that he didn't like it and showed her the full glass she said she couldn't remove it from the bill bc we hadn't told her before. She made absolutely no effort to accommodate or even offer something else - LAME and to top it off an 18% gratuity is tagged to your bill even if it's just three in your party. TOURISTS STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, ACTUALLY EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD TOO. Food is nothing to write home about and service is at it's worse since gratuity is already included they make no effort to provide good service. Too bad for their business, they will never see me there again and I will never recommend this place to anyone.

1 Thank made1024
Lisbon, Portugal
“Best breakfasts on Ocean Drive”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have only eaten breakfast at this comfortable and well ventilated cafe, restaurant and bar, and it was exceptional. So good, I preferred eating here rather than the hotel!

The fruit bowl is fresh cut, rip fruit.