“POOR TOURISTS!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Miami, Florida
“POOR TOURISTS!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I live in Miami but wanted to eat on Ocean Drive so we walked by and this place seemed nice so we decided to stay and eat there. They had $9.95 daily specials so we went with that because the regular menu was outrageously expensive. I ordered the salmon in caper sauce with mashed potatoes and it was a nice size portion , potatoes were obviously out of the Idaho box, but I lived. My daughter ordered fettucine alfredo, this was a big portion and the sauce was very good and tasty. My husband ordered pasta pomodoro. The sauce was also very tasty and well, pasta is pasta. What I did not like was a) the service oh so slowwwww and useless b) they have big fans blowing straight onto the table which puts dust on your food and makes it cold in a heart beat c) the drinks, ah the drinks. We ordered caipirinha a SMALL one and it was an 8 oz glass of overly sweetened lemonade. Since our waitress never came to the table to see if we needed anything he could not let her know he didn't like it so it just stayed on the table and honestly we just forgot to mention it to her when our food arrived. All done and then came the bill. A whooping $19!!! for a caipirinha that we didn't even drink?? at this point my husband pointed out the waitress that he didn't like it and showed her the full glass she said she couldn't remove it from the bill bc we hadn't told her before. She made absolutely no effort to accommodate or even offer something else - LAME and to top it off an 18% gratuity is tagged to your bill even if it's just three in your party. TOURISTS STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, ACTUALLY EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD TOO. Food is nothing to write home about and service is at it's worse since gratuity is already included they make no effort to provide good service. Too bad for their business, they will never see me there again and I will never recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank made1024

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
“Best breakfasts on Ocean Drive”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have only eaten breakfast at this comfortable and well ventilated cafe, restaurant and bar, and it was exceptional. So good, I preferred eating here rather than the hotel!

The fruit bowl is fresh cut, rip fruit.

• Visited July 2013