“Great”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th Street
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The patio felt truly carribean, and the staff was friendly. Our server was especially polite and attentive and the food was excellent. We even enjoyed our leftover pizza in our hotel room the next morning.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

First off, read my other reviews, I am NOT a complainer!

We (4 of us plus a baby) were walking down collins and hungry from sight seeing and shopping. We saw a special outside this place that said "Clubhouse $8" and the place looked ok so we went in.

They did not have a high chair for our 1 year old and they brought half the table menus, the other half waited. We were offered drinks and the server bartender sold us hard on the fact that he makes the best Mojitos anywhere, so we ordered 2 of those and a couple of beers and water. Water never came.

3 adults ordered the Clubhouse special, I ordered the Mayame burger medium well, and we asked if they could make our son a grilled cheese sandwich and they did.

The Mojitos came, and they were in tiny glasses the diameter of a golf ball and about 4 inches high. $12 each, and did not taste hardly any rum despite the small glass and high price tag!

Then the sandwiches came out. Clubhouse???? They were 1 thin slice of processed ham, a thin slice of cheese and 1 slice of tomato on 2 of them, the 3rd one had not tomato in between 2 thin store bought slices of bread witha tiny amount of overcooked french fries. Who on earth calls this a Clubhouse?? It was pathetic, worse than pathetic! The grilled chees was 1 slice of american cheese on 2 pieces of bread and nothing else, yet they charged us $10!! (I'm really not cheap, I eat at expensive restaurant and don't mindh paying for quality anywhere anytime), but keep in perspective that the other $8 "clubhouses" actually came with a few fries and a thin slice of ham and a tomato slice. My burger cam out raw, like blue raw. None of the fat was even close to melted, and I waited for a quality check, but it never happened to I nibbled at the outer ring of the burger which was raw and gross, and left all the meat on a pile on my plate and ate some of the toppings as I was starving. I showed the server how raw it was, and he told me that it was ok because their "meat is high quality". I don't care how high quality any piece of meat is, raw is raw, and not prepared as ordered is not prepared as ordered.

He came back and dropped off a bill with an automatically applied 18% gratuity, and a total of $96. We felt completely ripped off, and shocked that we were charged full price plus gratuity for the burger. McDonalds or Subway would have been much more satisfying!

Avoid this place, you will regret it! unless you like tiny weak drinks, horrible food, high prices and crap service!

Complete FAIL!

This was our first trip to Florida and the worst meal I've ever had, and we got gouged on the price! south beach RIP OFF!

They should be ashamed for calling that piece of crap a "clubhouse".

I repeat, i am not a complainer, read my other reviews, I have eaten at some of the finest restaurants in North America, i have studied wine, and I eat out all the time. I know what I'm talking about!

1  Thank Martini_Man_Van
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My boyfriend, two friends and I were staying at the hotel next door, so we decided to have dinner and drinks at Mayame before going out for the night. The atmosphere was fantastic, the service was great, the food was delicious, and the drinks were even better! We had a lot of fun and ended up staying for a few hours before we headed out for the night.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

A charming an relaxed restaurant next to. The Kent hotel. The staff were slow, but the food were good and so was the location.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Mayame is adjacent to the Kent Hotel in South Beach. I was actually staying at the Kent for business. Mayame was always pretty empty, and it must be tough to compete against the vast number of restaurants in this area. Breakfast is your typical fare, but good.. They have a great open air dining area and tiki bar. Mark makes the most amazing mojito - probably the best I've had. I had a perfectly cooked medium rare tuna steak and veggies one night. They have a solid menu with steaks, seafood, American and Latin influenced food. This little restaurant definitely deserves some attention.