“Go Enrollado or GO HOME!”

Parrillada Las Vacas Gordas
Ranked #815 of 1,142 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've been here many, many times and I am so fond of the joint that I bring and refern new folks here all the time. Many thanks to The 6 Foot Blonde for dropping the knowledge on me to begin with.

Where to begin? Why not start with the food! Excellent, here's why I think so:
* Awesome Argentinian Cheese
* Some of the freshest, chunkiest, most robust and delish Chimmichurri around! SCORE!
* The Enrollado ("the rolled one") is what keeps me coming back! Big, tasty, robust, rustic, and grilled, it delivers! Esp. with the Chimmi atop!
* Hard work success story
* Staff has longevity, and I appreciate seeing the same faces serving over time.
* Yard Bird specials to go ROCK!

The food, the longevity of the staff, the omnipresence of the proprietor, and the tongue sizzling ZEST of the Chimmi all bespeak WHY you MUST try this place if you haven't.

Cabeza out, check my YouTube video reviews.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place so highly recommended to us by many. Anytime we asked a question to the waiter, her only answer was that it would be fine. Ordered the rolled steak, asked for half well done and half medium rare...all was very rare. Sent back half first time to have medium well, After almost 20 minutes and asking three times for something we were told would only take a couple of minutes, we got the same plate of steak, cold and still not cooked. Sent back for a third time and almost thirty minutes...when I became upset that the treatment was not acceptable on any level, I was treated as if it was my fault that this was happening. Noticed the owner came in and at no time did they even tell him. Also noticed that all of them, including the owner, was more interested in those people who were riding by and running out to visit with them than the people paying them. When we were leaving, I shared my experience in detail with the owner and the response from him was that since he did not know that this had happened, had a lot of repeat customers in his 17 years in business, and did not know me, he felt no need to do anything, not even apologize because he saw nothing wrong with it. The owner needs to get a grip and clean his eyes and his attitude. Will never go there again and will make sure all I know who live here will know of how awful this place really is. Sure, he may have been around for 17 years, but call it karma, God, or whatever..what goes around come around and he will not stay in business like this...especially after seeing I share the experience with many others who have been treated the same way when they have gone there.

2  Thank pene s
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Plus points
- We've been here 3-4 times! Just for the grilled meat. It's one of the best pieces of meat in the area
- Great selection of South American wines (a lot of good red wines here to accompany your meat)
- Really enjoyed the busy yet cozy atmosphere

Minus points
- Service is O.K, not amazing
- Price for the meat is good, but for the other components, it may be a bit pretentious

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ordered many types of meat, the only good one was the entrania. Even dessert was not good.
Servide totally suck, it took forever to take our order and it took even more to bring us the food. Also, be aware that portions are huge, though waitress will not tell you, you should order one portion every two persons.

2  Thank Armando M
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Quaint little spot in Normandy. Plates are large enough to share. The meat is exquisite and the dessert creeps are delicious. Recommend this restaurant for a night out or special occasion.