“good value, slow service”
Review of Playa Cafe

Playa Cafe
Ranked #214 of 1,142 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed May 31, 2013

very busy when we arrived but managed to get a seat. We had to wait a while for our order to be taken and then another quite long wait for the food to arrive, but the women behind the counter kept us entertained with their arguing and shouting at each other, even though we could not understand what they were saying!!!! When the food arrived it was very nice and good value.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Friendly Staff, Little english but makes it all the more enjoyable,
Cheap food and great cuban coffee

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely love the food. Reasonably priced Cuban food. I enjoyed every bite of my pupusa, smoked pork chops, plantains, beans & rice. The only down side is the slowwwwwwww service. The waitresses have no sense of urgency. But the excellent tasting food kind of makes up for that. Overall I loved the food

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a simple place so I'm going to give it a simple review. Playa Cafe is all about cheap Cuban diner food. Pressed sandwiches on Cuban bread, rice and beans, plantains, thin fried steaks and so on. The women working at the counter and in the kitchen remind me of my own family. They are almost constantly shouting at each other in Spanish. Actually, I'm not sure how much English these women actually speak. It doesn't really matter, though. Just order by number and you can't go wrong. If you don't get a seat at the counter you might have to wave and shout to get noticed. The ladies are so busy that they hardly notice you sitting back there. That's ok, too. Five bucks for a super tasty and super filling Cuban sandwich? I'll take that over a pretentious fancy South Beach "hot spot" any day.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I are on vacation with some friends who enjoy Cuban food, we have never ate Cuban, and had heard of this place from the locals. We ate here first for supper one night, nothing fancy, but great food. The price is excellent so we decided we need to come back for breakfast-loved their pancakes.