“Rest romana”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We got a varm an nice wellcome and the service was goog but best of all was the food exelent in big portions

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The menu is a la carte so a sphagetti dinner with bolognese sauce is $18 plus anything else you order. So for that price, I decided on the lasagne entree at $23. We did get a basket of bread with three different spreads with our meal. The lasagne is served in an oven baker dish, so it comes out very hot and bubbly. It is covered with cheese, too much cheese to be enjoyable. It also came with about a 1/4 cup of oil that puddle when I tried to cut into the lasagne. I moved the cut piece to the side and oil just filled the space. I sent it back. However, before that, the waiter told me that the oil came from the cheese and that is normal. My second serving of lasagne did not have the oil field that the first one had but it still had way too much cheese. I think if I wanted that much cheese I would have ordered a pizza with extra cheese. I had a very difficult time cutting through the lasagne and separating it from the main body due to the cheese just stretching out from the dish to as high as I wanted to raise my fork. I was afraid that I would get smacked in the face by the bands of mozzarella. It was difficult to even cut through it with the knife. The sauce itself with little bits of meat was tasty but the cheese overpowered that flavor. The lasagne pasta was thick cut and rubbery. This was the worst lasagne I ever had. My partner's fried vegetable plate met her expectations. The food is over priced and there are better Italian restaurants within 100 yards of this one. We chose to eat here because it does have a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is like a theatre. Here they represent what foreigners would like to see in an italian restaurant, hams hanging that descend from the ceiling, red and white checkered tablecloths, happy and yelling persons as waiters. But about the food,which is what i care of, there are better restaurants than this one,even if is absolutely not bad. But when i am in miami i prefer other places.

2  Thank VvVagabond
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Dinner time is very busy, so go there by lunch time. One of the must visited restaurants in Miami Beach area, especially for tourists or just for those who likes Italian food. Great staff and lunch specials will give you a positive moments.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Okay so maybe this restaurant isn't the place you want to eat with your partner, or with your family, but as a group of 6 girls we found the whole dining experience absolutely hilarious. 20 minute wait for a table so we walked into the bar where 'ding ding ding' - a load of noise was made & wolf whistles echoed - FROM THE WAITERS! Funny. You get the jist. Happy hour at the bar was great, $5 for a glass of wine. We also got given free bar snacks; not sure if this is the norm but if it is -amazing value for money. Waiters not too pushy with us ordering like some of the reviews say, despite the big table wait. Food came out- seemed fresh and warm. Brought out by about 7 waiters- again a funny experience! A few of us opted for calzone, was pretty good- not amazing - but then you aren't paying huge money, so you get what you pay for.

If you're with your girlfriends and fancy a giggle over some drinks and good food (maybe before a night out), this is the place to go!