“Step into Italy in Miami Beach”
Review of Hosteria Romana

Hosteria Romana
Ranked #139 of 1,110 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant, situated in the charming foot-traffic only Espanola Way, drew us in due to its authentic décor. Step out of the Miami Beach scene and into Italy. The bustling atmosphere and décor is great with wine bottles, meat and cheese counters, and real Italian staff. The service was fast and efficient. The food was delicious to say the least! Be prepared to pay for the experience though. It was very expensive! (And Baby Boomers beware: It is dark inside and reading the menu was impossible. Bring reading glasses and light)

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My first impression of this restaurant was that it had a really nice looking ambiance and the waiters were very friendly and patient.
They recommended taking a starter (prosciutto with buffalo mozzarella) which wasn't enough for all of us (4) and in the end we paid $50 just for the appetizer.

The main course was delicious and just enough so we didn't order a dessert.
The service was very fast but too attentive, so they interrupted our meal too often.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Tried this place, but had to leave due to something in the middle. The server threw the check across our table and walked away. For $80 a steal u can expect them to b a little nice. Very expensive, rude staff ...will not go here even if i was paid to do so !!!

1  Thank Nlamba
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Simply one of the best italian food experiences i've ever had. The service leaves some to be desired, and the waiters take offense quickly. That being said there can be 0 complaints on my end for my food experience, and I drop in anytime I am in Miami.

The food tastes homemade, and is made with great care for consistency and quality. This is my #1 choice anytime I'm in south beach.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The food was good, restaurant ambiance too. The whole dining experience was very enjoyable. Service is very fast Great mojito, everyone should try it!
Downside is that is very expensive. We paid $190 for food and service which should be at most $100. If you don't want to overspend don't go there. Waiter talked us into ordering appetizer which I did without checking price: $46. Be careful.