“No Complaints.”

Yuca Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Yuca Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 1,097 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Drexel Ave.
Description: YUCA, an acronym for Young Urban Cuban-Americans, is widely known as being South Florida's original upscale Cuban restaurant featuring Innovative Nuevo Latino Cuisine or as the locals call it "Nuevo Latino." This style of cooking includes traditional Latin ingredients such as a plethora of textures, colors, and flavors that when combined creates a cuisine that is unique to anything offered outside of the Caribbean and Latin America.
Houston, Texas
“No Complaints.”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My son and I ate here for lunch. Not knowing what to get and not wanting anything heavy, he got the ceviche and I had the guacamole and the black bean soup.The ceviche was fresh and good, the guac was supposed to be spicy and wasn't. It had a little bit of 'habanero' sauce on the top, but you couldn't taste any heat. It was a small serving, maybe 1/3 cup, but ok for 2 to share.The black bean soup was ok, just nothing special about it. With all the great reviews, I think the bang must be with the entrees. The server started off good, but didn't come back after bringing our entrees so after waiting almost 10 minutes, I finally got up to ask someone for some hot sauce. Try it for dinner, it sounds like it's a really good place and the dishes did look very good. Oh, and note that the 8 oz bottles of soda are $3, bringing our total bill for the 3 apps and 2 sodas (with, of course, the 18% added gratuity) to $40.

• Visited February 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“So Good!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had lunch here. Started with the goat cheese balls, Amazing! Then we split a Cuban and a chicken sandwhich. We both got desserts and they were to die for! Best lunch I ever had!

• Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The food was about the same a havanna Central here in NYC.
The establishment itself was chic, but not worth the 25 dollar cab ride each way. The staff was pleasant but they were WAY too laid back for our taste. When the busboy knows more about our table than your waiters or hostess I think the pro activeness of some of the staff is not up to par. I don't dislike it but I felt it was a waste of my time and an over expense in cab fair for the quality of food. The desert was awful had the flan in cappuccino style just terrible.

Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We made reservations, but the hostess didn't find them right away. She was a bit to quick to say she didn't have them but in the end she was
Wrong!

We ordered two appetizers to start. The wait staff although helpful didn't explain that the appetizers we ordered would not be enough for the table.
The meals were good, tasty and filling.
Reasonably priced and easy to talk to the table without excessive noise

Drawbacks, the place did look like the floors could be cleaned and the bathrooms clearly marked. When I visited the bathroom I could see kitchen area and citrus fruit on the floor right in front of entrance. A lttle off putting.

Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I love this place. Was here in 2011, and returned in January 2014 during another visit. The oxtail is so delish. My only complaint would be the cocktails. I wasn't that impressed with the drinks really, but I definitely recommend here for some great Cuban food.

• Visited January 2014