“Food was great, Mojito disappointing!”

Yuca Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Yuca Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 1,102 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Drexel Ave.
Description: YUCA, an acronym for Young Urban Cuban-Americans, is widely known as being South Florida's original upscale Cuban restaurant featuring Innovative Nuevo Latino Cuisine or as the locals call it "Nuevo Latino." This style of cooking includes traditional Latin ingredients such as a plethora of textures, colors, and flavors that when combined creates a cuisine that is unique to anything offered outside of the Caribbean and Latin America.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Loved the food here. It was fresh, modern, well presented and most importantly tasted amazing. The major let down was the Mojito. It was too minty, probably due to the fact that it was blended rather than muddled. I wasn't a fan. Triple milk cake for dessert was great.

There are newer reviews for Yuca Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Loved the location as it is right on Lincoln in the middle of the shopping area. Great for people watching.
Appetizers were very good. Ceviche and empanadas a must.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Although on the expensive side, the food was good. I had the Gazpacho soup (which was creamy, unlike the texture I am used to), a decent Ceviche and the Sangria (not sweet, but more like a strong red wine with fruit). My sister had the Guacamole Habanero (which was not spicy at all - did they forget the Habanero?), the Black Bean Burger with Yucca Fries which she loved and a Mojito she said was delicious (but was very minty).

Be aware that they add 18% tip without asking - thankfully our server deserved it as he was very attentive and did a great job. So lunch was nearly $60 with food, drinks, tax and tip. There were so many restaurants to choose from, but this was nice, we sat outside and the food was good.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here a couple of weeks ago. What a disappointment. But, then again, unfortunately this has come to be expected on Miami Beach. Many locals avoid Miami Beach for so many reasons - traffic, expensive parking, over-priced food, and poor service. It is a pity, because there are many good things about Miami Beach - a wonderful atmosphere, fun people-watching, cool architecture - and going to Lincoln Road is always fun. But why can't the restaurants avoid the "over-priced, poor service" problem?

The house wine was a rip-off. $35 for a bottle of Vendage Cabernet Sauvignon, which is, literally, one of the cheapest wines available in the grocery store, available for $5 or less. Ok, I know that all restaurants mark up their wine, but can't they at least choose a house wine that is a little better? Or at least one that every consumer doesn't know sells for $5 a bottle in the store? You know right away you are being ripped off. It doesn't set a nice stage for the rest of the evening.

Then the service left much to be desired. Our tables had bread plates, but we weren't brought any bread. Finally, once our meals had arrived I asked the busboy/busgirl to please bring us some bread. We waited and waited. No bread came. So I asked the waiter what was the purpose of our bread plates if we don't get any bread and would he please bring us some bread. He did.

The meal itself was ok. I had the rabo encendido and my husband had the tuna. I can't complain about the food. It wasn't great. It wasn't bad. It was ok. Expensive, of course, but that is to be expected on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach.

It is nice to sit outside on Lincoln Road and watch the people go by. And I had high hopes for this restaurant as I've lived in Miami a long time and I remember when this place opened years ago to much fanfare. Sadly, though, this restaurant is not what I expected it to be. I will not return.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Nice decor and ambience
Extremely pleasing attendant
Menu and food is very good for small bites and drinks