“Over-priced, poor service”

Yuca Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Yuca Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Drexel Ave.
Description: YUCA, an acronym for Young Urban Cuban-Americans, is widely known as being South Florida's original upscale Cuban restaurant featuring Innovative Nuevo Latino Cuisine or as the locals call it "Nuevo Latino." This style of cooking includes traditional Latin ingredients such as a plethora of textures, colors, and flavors that when combined creates a cuisine that is unique to anything offered outside of the Caribbean and Latin America.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here a couple of weeks ago. What a disappointment. But, then again, unfortunately this has come to be expected on Miami Beach. Many locals avoid Miami Beach for so many reasons - traffic, expensive parking, over-priced food, and poor service. It is a pity, because there are many good things about Miami Beach - a wonderful atmosphere, fun people-watching, cool architecture - and going to Lincoln Road is always fun. But why can't the restaurants avoid the "over-priced, poor service" problem?

The house wine was a rip-off. $35 for a bottle of Vendage Cabernet Sauvignon, which is, literally, one of the cheapest wines available in the grocery store, available for $5 or less. Ok, I know that all restaurants mark up their wine, but can't they at least choose a house wine that is a little better? Or at least one that every consumer doesn't know sells for $5 a bottle in the store? You know right away you are being ripped off. It doesn't set a nice stage for the rest of the evening.

Then the service left much to be desired. Our tables had bread plates, but we weren't brought any bread. Finally, once our meals had arrived I asked the busboy/busgirl to please bring us some bread. We waited and waited. No bread came. So I asked the waiter what was the purpose of our bread plates if we don't get any bread and would he please bring us some bread. He did.

The meal itself was ok. I had the rabo encendido and my husband had the tuna. I can't complain about the food. It wasn't great. It wasn't bad. It was ok. Expensive, of course, but that is to be expected on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach.

It is nice to sit outside on Lincoln Road and watch the people go by. And I had high hopes for this restaurant as I've lived in Miami a long time and I remember when this place opened years ago to much fanfare. Sadly, though, this restaurant is not what I expected it to be. I will not return.

Nice decor and ambience
Extremely pleasing attendant
Menu and food is very good for small bites and drinks

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Went to Yuca for lunch. Awesom location - right on Lincoln Road (pedestrian road), so it's great for people watching. The appetizers were incredibly good and my ropa vieja was authentic and delicious. Not too pricey either. Great drink menu as well. I would definitely dine here again!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were fortunate to have the rear private room because this is a noisy restaurant. Great food, slow service. I wanted to shout " groups want the drinks to keep coming quickly, don't you know that?" But the food was well worth it, interesting in presentation and tastes. Fun environment in the neighborhood.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Me and my husbend visited this restaurant few months ago. I was soooo much enjoying their tuna chino-latino. What a wonderful flavours!!! I like sushis a lot and I can warmly recommend this tuna to every sushi lovers. Also service was great and you may eat outside or inside (felt more unformal outside). One of the best restaurants in SOBE in our opinion.