“Nice start to a fall vacation”

Casa Victoria Orchid
Ranked #106 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Was looking for a chic spot near Miami Beach that would be close to nightlife, restaurants, etc. as well as offer me a "retreat-like" experience for a couple days before leaving for a cruise. This quaint spot was it! In the heart of Espanola Way, this was actually a quiet spot in the middle of a very busy area. The sidewalk cafes were always open and busy with folks for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Meanwhile, I was able to enjoy being in the mix without really being in the mix. I could easily look down from my room to feel part of the nightlife or just close off the patio doors for quiet.

The bed and bath area were nicely done affording me plenty of room to move around in. The front desk was attended by helpful staff and the fresh fruit and water were nice touches. They upgraded me to a suite which was awesome, so I had more room to stretch out and share with a g'friend looking to catch some beach with me. The suite area was nice, but sparsely appointed (only overhead lights, one hard sofa, no trashcans in the kitchen area).

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and will gladly come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MoniD1

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Be careful, we booked the hotel with booking.com prior to leaving the UK for a two night stay on the 9th November to be told upon arrival that booking.com had taken too many bookings. We were then moved to another hotel on the south beach called the Breakwater. Well we might as well have been in the middle of a party in Ibiza, it was awful. I took great care to book a hotel slightly off the beach in order for a more relaxed break. It spoilt our visit to Miami and the Casa Victoria did not seem to care one jot.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Paul G
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We booked a suite and it's street side. There is no sound proofing and so all the noise from the bars, clubs and restaurants invade the room and continues until 03H30. I lay awake trying unsuccessfully to sleep for 5 hours. At 07H00 sharp the street cleaners turned on their air blowers and woke us up immediately with the din. When I called the front desk the clerk said it was South Beach and asked what I expected. I expect in a hotel to be able to sleep. If you are immune to noise or hearing impaired this hotel is a good option as the location is good and the room size and decor are excellent and well priced (but beware there's a $12pppn resort fee for extras and parking is a few blocks away for $16pn or valet service outside $32pn). Light sleepers would be well advised to go elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dirk_London
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I were going on a cruise to celebrate our anniversary, and needed a place to stay the night before we boarded.

I searched the web and found this new, reasonably-priced, little hotel tucked right off of Lincoln Mall in the Spanish Quarter. I know it was a weekday, and that they were aware we were celebrating, but the room was astounding! It was a suite that was easily the size of any apartment in the area with beautiful balconies! Yes, balconies!!

Bianca and Valerie were outstanding! They were so helpful and offered the use of the bicycles, encouraged taking some fresh fruit, and provided a map to the beach that I didn't even ask for.

We will stay there again next trip, without a doubt! Please stay here and keep this place open (hotels move so quickly in that area), you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just spent two nights of great sleep at this hotel. Our room (309) faced the courtyard and I was able to sleep in every day. Very stylish, great location, excellent helpful staff (thanks for the desert and dinner recommendations!). Also pretty good price considering how expensive Miami beach is in general. We loved having the fridge since all the food was so good we had left overs. We spent the four previous nights at the Fontainbleu and felt like we were being nickel and dimed for everything there. This was a welcome change with the bikes and open front staff. Only reason it is not 5 stars is that they are working out some of the kinks. The router didn't reach the third floor for wireless (on order) and there was no safe in the room. They are building a kitchen for breakfast and if we end up in Miami again I wouldn't hesitate to book a room and see all the greatness this property is going to be.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here room 208 in October 11-14 and let me say this boutique hotel is a hiden gem. The deluxe room is very spacious and the staff were amazing. The sister hotels is also a plus for the pools on Ocean Dr . I'd stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank BrownGirll
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Clean, quiet, refurbished hotel in an ideal location. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The beach was a pleasant 5 minutes walk away. The street is closed to cars at night for the restaurant patrons in Espanola Way. The downstairs bbq-dining area is still being upgraded so we couldn't use it. The courtyard is very pleasant to sit in and relax. The kitchen in our room only had a microwave, fridge and sink. No other items. Storage for clothes and suitcases was limited to one small cupboard. Free Wifi worked in my room on the 3rd floor. The huge TV had lots of channels but no TV guide. Lovely large bed, very comfortable. Room needs a small table and chairs as seating was limited to one chair and a desk. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple