“Average at best...”

Macaluso's
Ranked #484 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: The Only restaurant in South Florida that serves authentic home cooked Italian-American food. Family recipes, three generations old from Staten Island, New York.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Friends of ours gave us a gift certificate from Macaluso's, so we figured let's give it a shot. Good thing as I would have been extremely disappointed if I had to pay for this meal. I had a long ribbony pasta (can't remember the name) with sweet and hot peppers and a piece of sausage on top. It tasted like one ingredient was thrown on top of another...no melding of flavors..bland...at a cost of $27 !!! My wife had the seared tuna which was not much better...there was nothing seared about it...it seemed like it was warmed to the degree of medium rare....this one was over $30. Service was fine and the ambiance enjoyable....but for foodies this meal was forgettable.

4  Thank TTFLA

Reviewed April 1, 2013

It's such a shame that Macaluso's seems to think they have to forever display their "NY" attitude with their service. Hey, New York has changed a bit - the finest restaurants have the finest service these days. They can't afford not to. Macaluso's will forever have the best meatballs I've ever eaten; but I drive by the corner mall they sit in, and I just don't go back because of the rudeness of their servers. There are so many amazing options now in SoBe, why bother?

3  Thank k g
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Always our first stop for dinner in Miami. Best meatballs this side of heaven. Also love the sinatre shrimp and ravioli. Bread irresistible. Nice selection of wine. And I'm a picky New Yorker!!!!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Being italian I thought it was ok. But, definitely not one of the best italian restaurants. The wait staff was very snobby and not friendly. Also, they are too rigid about the way they serve their menu. I asked for extra sauce and they wouldn't bring it.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Are they kidding? No salt, No anchovies, No Parmigiana etc. The food was terrible. How can you ruin veal parmigiana? How can you serve rigatoni with marinara and have meat in the sauce??? The owner wouldn't come to the table to try to make amends for the lousy service and bad food. Wouldn't take the dish off the bill. Left uneaten. The little compartments with pasta is supposed to be cute we think but its' out of the box pasta and they tell you what sauce you get with each. They don't care a hoot about their customers. we've heard about this place for years but never had a chance to try it. Well you can imagine our disgust and surprise when we finally had the chance to take a customer out to dinner and be completely disrespected on all counts. We eat in restaurants almost every night and travel all over the country and to Europe (Italy) for business and trust us we know restaurants. Also we are not cheap people but hate to get ripped off. They are not shy. Don't waste your evening!

6  Thank ladybagint