“A solid establishment liked by locals!”
Review of Balans Restaurant

Balans Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Balans Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #138 of 1,110 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lennox or Michigan
Description: Since 1997, Balans Restaurants in Miami have been a favorite of locals and visitors alike. It may have to do with our casual brasserie ambiance and outdoor tables. Others tell us it's our global menu, with local favorites such as Chilean Sea Bass, Jambalaya, Thai Red Curry and more. We think it's a combination uniquely our own... Sumptuous food, comfortable prices and an experience that will entice you to linger. Come and join us for consistently good quality food at affordable prices and served by our team of friendly staff. Don't forget to join our royalty program for additional rewards.
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Next door you are either the overpriced Quattro or the overcrowded Segafredo. Balans provides good food, consistant service and a nice setting. Its a great place on Lincoln Road, its not fancy, but its well priced and the overall experience is almost always positive! They are family friendly too. Not afraid of strollers or car seats.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Last Sunday I was visiting South Beach with a friend for the first time. We were strolling on Lincoln Rd and stopped at Balans for lunch. The restaurant looked nice and we sat down. Our waiter was Greek. I'm not sure what his name was but it began with "St----" (I don't speak Greek!). He was very nice and he suggested that I might try the lobster wrap and my friend might like the grouper sandwich. These were great suggestions! We enjoyed Balans very much and we would go back!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

As with most restaurants on Miami Beach the service here NEVER impresses me. The waiters are often rude and act like you are bothering them every time you ask for something (that they often forgot to bring in the first place). They will tell you that you can not have entrees prepared the same way they would prepare them at the Brickell location. Ive actually had a sever here tell me they dont carry blue cheese, apparently just because he didnt feel like going to get it. The last time I was here my chicken tasted like it was on the verge of going bad and when I told the waiter he acted like I was burdening him. They close early all the time so call before going, or better yet, just go to the one in Brickell and avoid all the issues!

BalansUSA, Public Relations Manager at Balans Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Hi,
Our apologies for your experience at Balans. If you could contact us at cs@balansrestaurants.com we would really appreciate it. Thank you. Barbara Chaney, Balans Restaurants

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Balans is a staple of the Lincoln Rd brunch scene. I have been coming to Balans Sunday brunch with friends for years now. The food is delicious. My favorite is any variety on the Eggs Benedict, but I usually stick with the classic bacon, although the crab is delicious, albeit over priced... standard for Miami Beach and Lincoln Rd. After lunch, you can't go wrong with the Ruben, its ginormous and a value for what you pay. Its worth noting though that the service can range from terrific to non existent depending on your waiter. I have experience both many times here. I find if you're direct, forward. and not shy to speak up and grab any of the staff walking by, you can at least obtain what you want without an obnoxiously long wait. What I mean by this is, I've literally stood up in the middle of the dinning area waiving someone down to come over to my table. Some might find this annoying, as I initially did, but I adjusted and deal accordingly now. Don't be shy to tell the busser, another waiter, or even the host for something... otherwise you'll find yourself waiting politely for your waiter who may never return to check on you. All that being said, I still go here almost every other Sunday... so clearly the food is good. The Sunday people watching is at its best here, you'll see it all: the club kids doing the walk of shame, the Cross Fitters in their matchy matchy I'm so cool to be working out in the morning outfits that I have to go jogging down Lincoln, the latin Princesas with their purse sized poochy tagging along, and the Miami Beach wonted 20 year old with his/her 50 year plus Daddy. Balans offers a sight to be seen and a taste to be had.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great place for people watching.
good food and service at a reasonable price. Best on Lincoln Rd.
Have to visit and see for yourself.

2  Thank R A