“I like Balans”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Balans Restaurant

Balans Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Balans Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 1,075 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lennox or Michigan
Description: Since 1997, Balans Restaurants in Miami have been a favorite of locals and visitors alike. It may have to do with our casual brasserie ambiance and outdoor tables. Others tell us it's our global menu, with local favorites such as Chilean Sea Bass, Jambalaya, Thai Red Curry and more. We think it's a combination uniquely our own... Sumptuous food, comfortable prices and an experience that will entice you to linger. Come and join us for consistently good quality food at affordable prices and served by our team of friendly staff. Don't forget to join our royalty program for additional rewards.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
“I like Balans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Whenever I am in South Beach and in the middle of a busy shopping expedition (!!) I hit Balans for lunch or dinner, and several times in between for cappucino to give me more energy to shop.....and I find it a lovely cafe.

Love the energy, vibe, service and food! To me it is a South Beach tradition that everyone should stop by at some point to Balans!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank JMP1992

New York City, New York
“Lincoln Stand By”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

As a rule, I stay away from Lincoln Road. Sooo not a fan. In fact, one of the ways I've survived relocating from Brooklyn to South Beach is by maintaining that rule. It's like Times Square with sun. Sososo corny. Poserville, Touristville, Fakebodypartsville...Nightmare. But alas, relationships are about compromise(you'd think moving from NYC to here was enough!)and bf is so super, I indulged him last weekend.
Had breakfast at Balans. Now, I do dig the seating on a nice hot sunny morning-the space is great. Lots of seating. So the host(from West Virginia and here to model. Of course.)was cool and sat us immediately. The waiter was adorbs and took our order promptly.
Now, we waited WAYYYYYY to long for our food. It didn't matter on this day as we were easy breezy with no plan. If time had mattered, no good. We easily waited 25 minutes for an omelette and poached egg.
The waiter was super pleasant and when he looked over, seemed surprised that our food hadn't been brought out. By this time, I noted that many tables had left and were empty so its not as if the kitchen was in the weeds. But maybe so. Who knows.
Food was fine when it arrived. I'd def go again for a salad or whatev-but you know that'll be a while from now. Unless bf does something verrrrrry special to convince me to hit Lincoln Road more than once on a month.

• Visited October 2012
Kragero, Norway
“The in spot for Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a locals favorite for Sunday brunch. Food is above average, fairly priced by South Beach standards, and there is a big selection to please everyone in the group.

Sundays also have an edge as there is an antique market and Farmers Market going on. It's a perfect day to have brunch the stroll around from stall to stall looking at the various goods.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Heather B
Florida
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was a great find for the area. We had breakfast here twice. Enjoyed sitting outside while eating a large affordable meal.
Servers and hostess were always friendy and accomodating.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank scuba14u
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great food! great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Service is excellent. staff is very friendly. Couchs & seating area outside is very nice. I personally liked the calamari appetizer & the chilli steak salad.
Great food! Will be back again next time im in Souch Beach!

• Visited September 2012