“Good food for reasonable prices in miami beach”
Review of Van Dyke Cafe - CLOSED

Van Dyke Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Good food and atmospere lincoln road better places to dine and have a drink. A nd where no sdfitional srrvice chsrge is put on your bill you can decide what you tip. Although they give on the bill pre calculated options .

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I visited Van Dyke Cafe on a Friday around 3 p.m. it was our first visit there. Our mango cosmos were delish but small for the price. He ordered the Philly Cheese Steak and I had the Prosciutto E Provolone.

The first thing I noticed after the first bite of my sandwich was how dry and tasteless the ciabatta roll was and not grilled very long (the roll was still cold). The second thing I noticed was that my prosciutto tasted funny, My husband tasted the meat and agreed - it was spoiled. We called the waitress over and explained this to her. She immediately apologized, stated it would be taken off the bill and what else did I want? I chose the linguine carbonara. She put a rush on it and got to me in less than five minutes. It was good, but I did notice the sauce was separating.

My husband's sandwich was better than mine, but still dry and not much flavor.

The french fries are outstanding!

And the nice twist? Not only was my original sandwich taken off the bill, but so was my pasta dish. It was a nice gesture, and the only reason I did not give them one star.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stopped here while we were looking for a place to eat on Lincoln Road. We mainly chose this restaurant for the location and that is was priced a bit better than other restaurants on Lincoln Road. The food was pretty good. I had a pasta dish with a cream sauce, which was really rich, but good. Overall the food was pretty good, and if in the area I would try again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I visited Miami Beach and stopped for a drink at the Van Dyke after a furious shopping session on Lincoln Road. After my first Bloody Mary I felt hypnotized by the handsome Colombian bartender and ended up staying the whole afternoon. The food was very good and the background jazz was just great. The service of my Romeo was superb and I felt that I was in a movie with Antonio Banderas......... I highly recommend this cafe, next time i will visit at night to listen to some live jazz!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I travel to MB two or three times a year.... The Van Dyke is a MUST!

Food is great, service and prices are right
But,most significantly, manager is a real professional! Known him for years, yet don't know his name , ( from Philly and drives a Harley ) He is so thoughtful , shakes your hand and makes certain that you have what you ordered promptly ....can't say enough about him.... Business needs people like him..,,

M/M David Greve