“Great until the check came,,,they don't carry change?.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Van Dyke Cafe - CLOSED

Van Dyke Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
MIAMI
“Great until the check came,,,they don't carry change?.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a great spot for breakfast; snacks, salads; lunch and people-watching. The service is very good too! And for South Beach; it is reasonable (breakast: juice/coffee/bacon or ham/sausage/toast/eggs about $10). Like most of the restaurants on the beach, a tip is included (15%) and the check indicates that.
I was taken aback; when I paid my check (including tiip) and the total was something like $11.57
The change on $15 that was returned to me was $3. New math? ....No, I was told they "don't carry change".
Is management aware of this?

• Visited December 2012

Miami, Florida
“Good breakfast, good sandwiches and salads, a variety of foods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great place to meet on a Sunday morning; gppd tp gp with friends and your pets too (doggie friendly). Has jazz at night in the upstairs lounge, good beers and wines, definitely a pl;ace you cannot miss on South Beach and a place to meet a friend for a drink or a coffee and sit outside.

Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
“The Best Cafe on Lincoln Road”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

If you're looking for a place to grab breakfast or brunch you've found it. Great place to people watch, and features indoor and outdoor seating. They also have live music upstairs at night from time to time. The salads are also amazing!

• Visited December 2012
Connecticut, USA
“It's reasonably priced. Food okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Wanted to eat on Lincoln Rd but not pay too much. We had the bruschetta which was ok I've had better didn't have much flavor. For entree had the vodka al salmon but not much salmon but a lot of sauce I thought it was a little greasy but my husband liked his. Chicken sandwich my daughter didn't complain. You can have an entree for under $15. Service was adequate. We got our food quick and our check quick. There are better restaurants in the same street but watch for the ones with dinner or drink special it's a trap for the expensive menu.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Culebra, Puerto Rico
“Great Place and Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We celebrated my partner's 30th birthday at Van Dyke Cafe and we were not disappointed. They offered us a dinner plan for our party (which consisted of about 15 people) or, we could do our orders from the regular menu. The staff was nice and the food was very good. Once they stop serving food, the place becomes a great hangout bar...more like at 12am I believe. You must visit this restaurant