“Consistent good food and service at counter”
Review of Puerto Sagua

Puerto Sagua
Ranked #50 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Diner, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great tasting Cuban food and great breakfast, good deal for the beach but expensive compared to other Cuban restaurants outside of Miami Beach, but, the beach is expensive! I prefer to eat at counter and have waiter Gaston. The Counter is a great place to sit and watch the models photo shoots and South Beach go by. Breakfast comes with Cuban toast, Cafe con Leche (Espresso with milk) and fresh squeezed orange juice. Great grits too and breakfast can be ordered until very late in the day. Lunch daily specials, my favorite is Lentil Soup on Tuesdays.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I expected more. The food is good, but basic Cuban fare. The decor is aged and needs an upgrade. The bar/counter top is straight out of the 60s. This place serves good food at a reasonable price. It really needs a facelift and some Cuban flair! I had the pollo con arroz and was neither disappointed nor impressed.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Not a lot to say about this restaurant, other than if you are in Miami Beach and want an amazing meal, please stop here. The Masas De Puerco or fried pork chunks with rice and black beans and yuca. I makes me hungry just think about it, authentic Cuban food, that out of this world. Use to be a must when visiting Miami, now that I live here all my visitors get treated to it.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Our hotel Bellboy referred us to this restaurant and when we arrived at 8pm, people were lined up out the door. The line moved quickly, we were seated within 10 minutes. It seemed like a family owned restaurant with locals and tourist enjoying the food. Everything was reasonably priced, especially for South Beach, Miami. I had the fried grouper with rice & beans. The grouper was excellent! It was moist and juicy on the inside, not overcooked at all. My DH had the standard shredded beef, rice & beans. He liked the seasoning on the beef and it was very tender. It's not a fancy place, but has delicious food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Super nice restaurant, great service and good quality. Definitely the best Cuban rest in south beach.