“The masses flock to it and it was good!”
Review of Puerto Sagua

Puerto Sagua
Ranked #52 of 1,102 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Diner, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I read about this Cuban diner and was keen to try it out. We went in the morning, which wasn't as busy but they only had their breakfast menu. The food was good and the servings sizeable! You're not going to head away hungry. My only wish was that we had another day to try out their much larger menu for lunch/dinner. Just reading it made me salivate!

There are newer reviews for Puerto Sagua

Reviewed July 27, 2013

As a big fan of Cuban cuisine this place is highly recommended. very casual, good price and above all the food and service were excellent. thank you Leti! (waitress) your recommendation was great! (most try Ropa vieja)

1  Thank Steven G
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I (we are Italian) really enjoyed the food! Tasting!!!

We were there in August 2008, we stayed in Miami South Beach for about 6/7 days and we went 5 or 6 times to Puerto Sagua in Collins Ave!

We knew a very nice old man that worked there and he chatted with us many times!

We hope he is well and we are grateful to have known him!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

You don't have to run over to Little Cuba with this original Sobe restaurant. Cuban Sandwiches, good service, food, and been there for years!

1  Thank Sandy_T010
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We found this place on Yelp after reading a review from someone that claimed to have dined here 3 out of her 4 nights in Miami... then we thought: Well, it has to be good!!

Well well well, let's start.... Ropa Vieja. Amazing! Truly amazing! I have read so many reviews about the Ropa Vieja from this restaurant, but at the same time I was craving for a Cuban sandwich. I had no other option but to get a cuban sandwhich with a side of Ropa Vieja! :). I am glad I did! We have also ordered empanadas and the yucca. Being from Brazil, we loved this place, all the food tasted great and it was not that expensive due to the location.

The restaurant owner personally waited on our table, and he saw we enjoying every piece of food the staff was delivering he encouraged us to taste the espresso coffee with a authentic Argentinian alfajor. That was it! That was the key to get me completely hooked to this place and I will surely return to it, even if I only have one night to stay in Miami!