“Never had Cuban but I'm looking for recipes!”
Review of Puerto Sagua

Puerto Sagua
Ranked #49 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Diner, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Montgomery, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never had Cuban but I'm looking for recipes!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to use by our hotel staff, Edgewater Hotel, and was well worth the 4 block walk. My husband and I had never had Cuban food and this was sooooooo good OMG! Its a must try! It's a mom and pop type place but those are the best to me! Very good food, I'm adding Cuban food to our at home menu lol

Visited May 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Miami Beach, Florida
“Best Cuban Rest in South Beach”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This rest is even better than "YUCA".Is in the corner of Collins aven and 7th street..Miami beach.
U got all doferents plates for the Cuban cuisine..prices are not expensives or chepers..are just OK for the area..Like most rest in ocean drive advertise Cuban cuisine but is mix with American or others south American dishes this rest is 100% COMIDA CUBANA DE LA CLASICA..
Menus is large and long..Another menu just for wines......
If u want Cuban cuisine and U r in Miami beach don't go to Lincoln Rd or Ocena drive..7th st and Collins aven is your place...

Olympia, Washington
“Diner-look With Great Good”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

When visiting Miami Beach we had always avoided Puerto Sagua because it looks like a little diner. Big mistake. Yes, it does have that dated "diner" look, but it has a large sit-down counter and lots of tables. We stopped for breakfast and everything was delicious. We had the Café con Leche and a Cortadito, as well as Pastelitos de Guayaba and the Cuban Toast. Portions were huge but all so good we didn't have any problem eating it all. Service was efficient and friendly, and the food is authentic Cuban food. We'll be back.

East Coast of USA
“Fabulous Cuban food and a friendly, helpful staff”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Puerto Sagua is sort of a Cuban diner, complete with lunch counter. It attracts a diverse, laid-back crowd and is always busy - plan on waiting a bit for a table, even at 7pm. We were quite hungry when we arrived, so opted to sit at the counter. Our server graciously explained unfamiliar ingredients and was very attentive. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his Cuban sandwich; my fish (grouper) soup and lobster salad were delicious. If you order the dishes I chose, be sure to squeeze lots of fresh lime into the soup - it's served on the side - and don't put dressing on the salad. A little oil and vinegar, plus a dash of hot sauce, will do the trick without overwhelming the seafood. We also shared a plate of fried yuca, a potato-like vegetable that arrived in sticks - crispy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside, with a subtle vinaigrette dipping sauce. Prices were very reasonable, especially given the generous portion sizes and quality ingredients. I've paid far more for lobster salads that contained much less seafood. We'll definitely be back!

Montreal, Canada
“My favorite restaurant in Miami”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

If, like me, you love home-style cooking and crave it when traveling, you'll love this restaurant! Their cuban dishes are simply delicious! The portions are generous and most of the people walk out with a doggy bag, but I had no problem eating the whole plate because it's that good! The staff is nice and the easily agree to change your side dish for another favorite side dish. You simply must try the rice with black beans which can be accompanied by pulled beef, or a juicy and gigantic chiken breast or a tasty tilapia or a big crumbed chiken. I eat there every time I'm in South beach and on my last visit I went three times! It's the best food in Miami because it's traditional, simple, tasty, generous and it costs nothing! I crave it while writing this review!

• Visited May 2013