“Pleasant”

Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Pointe Park
Description: Relax in a steakhouse with a view. The Miami skyline and crystal waters of the nearby Government Cut channel set the backdrop for a lunch or dinner replete with timeless glamour. Our breathtaking location includes a waterfront cafe, outdoor patio, two floors of restaurant seating and water-view private dining rooms for groups from 20 to 450. Start or finish your evening at our fashionable Deco bar.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very pleasant dinner. I waited for a table outside and was worth it. The bread, with salt particles on it and soft butter, yummy. Medium fillet mignon with crab meat and hollandaise souce, very nice and not mignon. Went really well with Prisoner's from Napa. Good recommendation from a well-read waiter.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Not only the food, but the location is excellent. Smooth service, great value and lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was our second visit. The restaurant is situated on the waterfront, great for both yacht and people watching. Service on our first visit was better, this time staff seemed more perfunctory than personable. The oysters were fresh, cocktail sauce had the right amount of zip. The Caesar lacked flavor, would not recommend this to anyone that likes a true Caesar. The Filet with Foie Gras was incredible, prepared perfectly! The mashed potatoes are the best potato on the menu, delicious!!!! Creamed spinach is excellent. The wine list is extremely expensive, California wines are way, way, way overpriced. Compared to other chain steakhouses, this one really overcharges on the more well-known California high end wines. Only because we know California wines were we able to locate "the find" on the list. Dessert menu is very good, they treated my partner for his birthday with a delicious molten chocolate cake and ice cream. FYI: We were seated ontime, this is not a trendy place.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

It is not the first time I've been here, but for sure this is the last. I asked for a crab salad and a steak, and my wife for a crab cake and another steak. I asked specifically for a medium rear one for my wife and for a very rear one for me. After a very long wait the steaks arrived, medium and medium- rear. I asked to change mine as it was too much cooked and so I had to wait again. The quality of the meat is for sure not the one this restaurant was famous for. Just the night before I have been in another place here in Miami and the meat was much, much superior. But the delusion reached the most when the bill arrived, two starters and two steaks, no bottle of wine but only two "aperitivo" at the beginning, no desserts and no coffee/liquors and a final check, including tax, of 240 Dollars for two people! What I could have spent if I was taking also a bottle of wine and a dessert? Bye Bye Smith & Wollensky...

Reviewed October 25, 2013

You cannot beat this restaurant for the best view in South Beach. A table on Government Cut right by the water with the sunset over Miami in the background takes a lot of beating. Great food, great service and sadly a new menu which though wonderful is now without prime rib!