“Gutted!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach

Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 1,066 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Pointe Park
Description: Relax in a steakhouse with a view. The Miami skyline and crystal waters of the nearby Government Cut channel set the backdrop for a lunch or dinner replete with timeless glamour. Our breathtaking location includes a waterfront cafe, outdoor patio, two floors of restaurant seating and water-view private dining rooms for groups from 20 to 450. Start or finish your evening at our fashionable Deco bar.
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gutted!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just got back to our hotel after such a disappointing evening at this restaurant! After reading the reviews for this place we decided to book a table to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We arrived and it all looked positive. We ordered our food exited at the sound of it, when it arrived both of our steaks were stone cold, despite requesting them medium and the waiter repeating ‘ medium but warm in the centre’. We informed the waiter who swiftly took them away, leaving our side orders of fries and green beans – we had to ask him to come back and collect them so that our meal may arrive as one warm! The steaks were brought back to us but had merely been warmed up along wit the sides. Maybe this would be acceptable if you were paying for a low-end steak house, but at almost $50 per steak, we did not feel this was acceptable service and it wasn’t dealt with in a suitable way at all! We left feeling very sad and annoyed at paying for the taxi ride there for an evening which was ruined by poor quality and service.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank marie g

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
South Florida, Florida
“If only the service was better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went for a birthday celebration, thinking it would be an awesome evening at an upscale steak restaurant, but left disappointed. The food was good, but not great. As stated before, the quality is not there. We both ordered filets and even though cooked to order, they did not arrive hot and were just okay. We also ordered dessert. The crème brulee tasted good, but lacked the torched sugary crust so it was more like a pudding. The coconut cake, was very dry, almost stale. Service from the staff was the worst part of the evening. They gave off cold and unfriendly vibes. Neither the bar staff nor the dining area staff smiled or make any type of small talk. Both seemed to just be going through the motions and only saying what was needed. Water glasses were never refilled and coffee wasn't offered until we finished dessert.

We sat at a waterfront table and the view was beautiful! It's too bad you have joggers, walkers and bikers going by the path right next to the tables. It reduced the romantic ambiance of it.

Also, beware if you sit outdoors and are allergic to cats or just don't like them. I like cats but was very surprised to see at least 5 strays hanging around the outdoor area & tables. One sat right next to us on the rocks and another was under the table of a couple behind us. Waiters would shoo them away or ignore them.

I may go back during the day for drinks outside to watch the boats and cruise ships pass, but that's a big maybe.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Marbella, Spain
“Not my kind of steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am a huge fan of steaks. I can tell the quality of a restaurant by ordering their tenderloin fillet - this one simple meal tells me everything I need to know about a place.

Back to S&W - knowing my preferences, a friend of mine who's spent most of his life in Miami told me I really must go and give it a try. So I did. I checked their website, their reviews were OK, so my hopes were very high on this particular evening.

And the higher they are, the bigger the disappointment. The second we arrived, I already felt something just wasn't right. Even though we had our table booked in advance, we had to wait for 20 minutes and ended up sitting somewhere else - because they didn't manage to get it to us. The menu was huge - not something I'm used to at proper steakhouses. After we ordered, it became clear to me this place is more of a hanging spot rather than a meat eater venue. It does indeed have a great view and wonderful outdoor area with a separate bar.

But it didn't have one very important ingredient: a decent steak. What we received was way under the average. Calling that piece of meat tenderloin was a big overstatement. I ended up eating everything BUT the steak - simply because I was hungry.

If I ever come back, it will be for a drink or two in their outdoor bar. And the french fries.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Miami, Florida
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We got celebrate are anniversary my honey and me but the service was excellent but these employee name Remy from France just wonderfull very polite no rush at all bring I'm the food to us
We appreciate that time
I make sure when we go back there we must request Remy to take care of us
Also the food exquisite great tempeture only disappoint the sparragos to skinny we don't like it
But over all good service and great food

Halifax, Canada
“A Wonderful afternoon.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were brought here by friends who live in Miami, I loved the atmosphere which reminded me of a shore club house. The location is perfect, right on the tip end on the beach and overlooking the entrance to the bay. The best crab cakes EVER and the lobster and mango salad was a treat for the eye as well as delicious! Our waiter was perfect and his suggestions were spot on each time. For dessert, he suggested the coconut cake.....OMG, presentation and taste in perfect harmony. Four of us just let the Miami afternoon ease by and let ourselves be pampered in such a delightful spot....thank you Smith&Wollensky..xo