“Great location, above average filet steak, poor service”

Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Pointe Park
Description: Relax in a steakhouse with a view. The Miami skyline and crystal waters of the nearby Government Cut channel set the backdrop for a lunch or dinner replete with timeless glamour. Our breathtaking location includes a waterfront cafe, outdoor patio, two floors of restaurant seating and water-view private dining rooms for groups from 20 to 450. Start or finish your evening at our fashionable Deco bar.
Miami Lakes, Florida
“Great location, above average filet steak, poor service”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Hands down the best location especially if you are sitting outside (with a great waterview) before sundown. I went this weekend for a very special occasion (anniversary) and I sincerely felt that our waiter either didn't care or was too busy to worry about our special moment. It's reasons like this that I continue to speak highly about other places like capital grille. 1. We noticed the table next to us get bread and water service quicker although we had arrived there first 2. Usually service means that they are usually there before you even need them. In my case, I had to call the waiter several times for simple needs like refilling water, check, bread, and my wine! This waiter didn't even ask me if I or my wife wanted another glass! You would think that he would want another "sale" of wine. I often visit steakhouses and I have never seen such careless attitude towards patrons who are celebrating their special moments in life. I am NOT going back to this place. I will take my business to Capital grille or any other place that will treat me better.

• Visited September 2013

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superior Service”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had a party of 16 guest. Peter was our server assisted by Mgr Reza Bayatzadeh. Peter was one of the best waiters that I have ever had. He was ahead of the game in anticipating what we would need and made sure that our drinks were always freshed up! In my party i had 2 guest from Saudi Arabia. I did not know until we got to the restaurant that they could not sit at a table where alcohol was being served. Reza & Peter, was very accomodating, they seated my guest from Saudi along with an additional guest at another table immediately, w/o reservations and made sure that they were very well taken care of. We had a private sitting area, which they held for us until we arrived (with no extra charge). The food was perfect but the service was better! Thanks to peter & Reza.

Visited September 2013
Seattle
“What a beautiful setting.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had read great reviews and were looking forward to eating here on our trip to South Beach. A table was open across the walkway, next to the water, which we were happy to get. The three of us ordered appetizers, calamari, stuffed shrimp and the lobster cocktail. I was expecting a shrimp cocktail size appetizer (you know, a parfait type glass with 4 pieces hanging over the sides with three quarters of the glass filled with celery!) - was I surprised to my gorgeous presentation of lobster tail and claws. I quickly went from thinking $20 was insane to $20 was a bargain! The service was wonderful, our waiter from Colorado was friendly and professional. As we were enjoying our meal the Carnival Breeze came cruising by - in addition to a group of jet skiers and other vessels. We could have stayed all afternoon. It was a place not to miss. Oh, everyone else enjoyed their meal also!

• Visited September 2013
Trieste
“Best steak in Miami Beach”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I've been there twice to have the best steak in Miami Beach.
The fillet is simply magnific.
The location on the port is really nice, a bit out of the too crowded boardwalk.
The service is good, I had a issue with a reservation but it was fixed in few minutes.
The quality/price ratio is ok.

Visited October 2012
BH
“Nice food , great view !”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A nice place to go . Nice food . Juicy steaks , a great variety of seafood too. Tuna , lobsters are a great option for no meat lovers.The service is very good . But the best is the view. Beside the canal , you can see the ocean and the somedays,some large cruise ships passing . At july , outside can be very hot...

• Visited January 2013