“Great location”

Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Pointe Park
Description: Relax in a steakhouse with a view. The Miami skyline and crystal waters of the nearby Government Cut channel set the backdrop for a lunch or dinner replete with timeless glamour. Our breathtaking location includes a waterfront cafe, outdoor patio, two floors of restaurant seating and water-view private dining rooms for groups from 20 to 450. Start or finish your evening at our fashionable Deco bar.
New Jersey
“Great location”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Go here and dine outside. The inside on the restaurant is your typical old school steakhouse. The outside is beautiful. Right on the water. Very good food and service.

Visited July 2013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. Augustine, Florida
“Beautiful view by the ocean”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The lighting was perfect, the music was smooth, the ambiance was great. The filet mignon was very tender and juicy. Sitting next to the water really adds that extra welcoming feel to the restaurant. I would definitely come here again!!!

• Visited April 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best meal of the holiday”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a fantastic place!

The staff were friendly & accommodating and we were sat at a lovely table inside. We had the choice to sit outside but it was just too hot.

The meal was perfect! The steaks were great and the wine recommended by our waiter was ideal.

I can't wait for our next visit.

Visited July 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,044 helpful votes
“Great experience in spite of food and service”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This may sound pretentious, but those of who have read my reviews have realized that I am more of and "experience-based" contributor than a foodie. As an old school Zagat's follower I always evaluate on the food-decor-service format, but will typically overweight the decor and service items to get to the aggregate rating.

One of my favorite Miami outings it to go to Smith and Wollenskys for a late Sunday Lunch. Get a table by the window and watch the cruise ships steam out to the Caribbean. This is a very romantic experience for me on several dimensions: 1) I am a S+W fan from my early professional days in New York, 2) love the Caribbean and 3) have a second home in Miami. So to put it all together in one spot...I am naturally biased.

Having said that, the New York S+W did not travel well to Miami. Never did. Meats are bland and rely to heavily on sauces and herbs. The service is too "tongue and cheek" for my tastes. The servers are more pushy and less informative.

But the location is priceless. No other location like it in Miami. Very pleasant and ample dining area. Very well maintained. Great views...great people watching. Bar area and outdoor seating area is great and benefited from the South Pointe Park reformations. Very lively and fun.

I will always go back. If you manage your expectations, it will be a great experience.

Was this review helpful? Let me know...Thank you.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Knownews
Orlando, FL
“Great steaks and sides, very slow service”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I ate here on July 4th. We both had the filet and it was cooked to perfection. Our sides were the homemade mac and cheese and the green beans. Food was excellent and our waiter was very good, but you could tell they could not keep up with the amount of people. The booth in front of us ordered a cappuccino and waited 15 minutes before finally telling them to cancel it. When the fireworks started everyone stepped outside to watch them. It was a beautiful location right on the water and perfect for watching the fireworks. Go if you are ok with spending $50 for just the steak and have extra time to burn as the service is slow.

• Visited July 2013