“Great location but pricey.”

Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 1,110 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Pointe Park
Description: Relax in a steakhouse with a view. The Miami skyline and crystal waters of the nearby Government Cut channel set the backdrop for a lunch or dinner replete with timeless glamour. Our breathtaking location includes a waterfront cafe, outdoor patio, two floors of restaurant seating and water-view private dining rooms for groups from 20 to 450. Start or finish your evening at our fashionable Deco bar.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is a spectacular location especially for outdoor dining along the inlet to the cruise docks with a view of Fishers Island, South Pointe Park and located near the tip of South Beach.
Come around 4 Pm for drinks at the outdoor bar or wait for a table to view the cruise ships departing usually between 4-6 PM. It can be pretty busy even at this time, so be prepared to wait though you are often seated before the time stated. The walkway out to south pointe is a great way to kill the time...or relax on one of the many benches along it.
I've been to this location on several occasions and have dined inside and out. I prefer outside for a more casual atmosphere. The menu is pricey and priced ala carte but can be shared and sides especially are more than enough for 2.
I ordered the wedge salad and as my entree a crabcake. The crabcake was delicious with primarily crabmeat and little filler served with two sauces both of which were very good and a small bed of greens. The wedge is served with a decadent blue cheese dressing on the side and beautifully ripe beefsteak tomatoes. . I didn't care for the "bacon" which were chunks of thick slab bacon, difficult to chew and to me much too large.The wedge itself was fairly small.
My husband ordered the same wedge salad but a bone in ribeye with a loaded baked potato side. His steak was done Medium to perfect, was tender and tasty. The potato was huge and served with a selection of actual bacon bits, shredded cheddar, sour cream and chives.
Service was good...but there were complaints from tables around us on the wait for their drinks and orders.
We love the location! The weather was perfect , sunny with a light breeze.
A great spot to enjoy South Beach but away from the bustle of Ocean Drive.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've only heard about this place in the past, but to be there is an experience. We got there and due to my disability, I was wondering if I would feel uncomfortable in a tight space. The waiters were very accommodating and helped me get a comfortable spot. Fast forward to the food. IT WAS AMAZING. Beef Carpaccio, Crab Cakes, ONION RINGS, Filet Mignon, French Martini............... Al I can say, is go and experience this wonderful place.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is probably one of our favorite steak houses in the states. Food is always outstanding and service by professional wait staff. We were even able to get the waiter to stuff our olives with blue cheese. The view at night with boats and ships coming in and out of the port is a added bonus. Suggest requesting a table with a view as some are tucked away and not recommended.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Came to Smith & Wollensky for my birthday with a couple of friends. Our table was not ready when we went to check-in for our reservation so we went to have a drink at the bar. The hostess basically forgot about us- we waited 25 minutes (on what was said to be 5 minutes) and so we finally went to find her. Once we located her she was rude and left a bad taste in our mouths, basically ruining the evening no matter how good the steak was. Service is not their #1 priority at this restaurant and at the prices they ask, it really should be. Haven't been back and don't plan to.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Smith & Wollensky is always consistently good food, but the Miami Beach location offers the only restaurant on Government Cut in Miami. The sunsets are spectacular and if you can get there for happy hour in time for the cruise ships departing it is spectacular!