“Simply Magnificent!!”
Review of Casa Tua

Casa Tua
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Tua is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 1,137 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Description: Casa Tua offers the perfect dining experience by blending elements of the five senses. Inside our handsome Mediterranean villa or outdoors in our inviting garden, guests indulge in sensuous sights, sounds, smells, textures and of course, tastes. Each guest feels as if he were visiting the home of a very good friend, a special place to enjoy our delicious Northern Italian cuisine, fine wine, and exquisite art. Whether it’s the cozy feeling in our library, the glow of the lantern-lit trees in our lush garden or the festive atmosphere of our 20-seat Chef Table in full view of all the kitchen action, Casa Tua offers unforgettable moments that set it apart from any other restaurant.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a place visited by the “well heeled” crowd that frequents South Beach. For us commoners, it is a place to experience once in a while for especial occasions or just because. Reservations are extremely difficult to obtain so you definitely need to make a reservation well in advance. If you show up expecting to find an open table you may be waiting a long time. The view from the street is somewhat non-assuming as it is covered with a high hedge to maintain privacy.

If you truly enjoy gourmet food then this is the place for you. The menu had plenty of selections and a very extensive wine list with prices for many pockets. It is very telling when the wine list contains 1980s vintage Chateau Lafite Rothschild just to name a few.
For starters I had tomato Mozzarella with a flank steak as the main course. It was so simple that it was breathtaking. For dessert, I had a wonderful Tiramisu. All this was accompanied by a great wine (although not the Rothschild one!).

Without a doubt that this is one of the top restaurants in South Florida/South Beach and it does not disappoint. I highly recommend this place but do keep in mind that it on the $$$ side (especially with drinks).

My only less than stellar observation deals with one aspect of the service. For this type of price level you do expect flawless service and the only thing we found was that we had to keep asking for our water glasses to be filled as well as the bread baskets and the olive oil. I’m nitpicking here but I only do it because of the expectations with such a restaurant.
So my friends, the next time you’re in South Beach give Casa Tua a chance, you’ll love it!

As always,

Travel Well My Friends

Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I took a friend for a special Birthday celebration last night. While we specifically reserved a table for outside and was told it would not be a problem at the early seating, when we arrived they said they could not accommodate us outside. There were several tables for 4 which stood empty (actually the whole evening). However, somehow they did find a table when we said it was for a celebration!

The wine was pricey but delicious. Our pappardelle with with lamb ragu was amazing. We quickly ordered another pasta dish before our entries of gnocci with black truffles. This dish, while still tasty, did not have ANY truffle flavoring and was quite petite! I kindly let the waiter know when asked how the dishes were and he accepted the feedback fine. However, we never saw him again until desert!

Our main entries of black cod and the branzino where both nicely prepared and presented. The portion sizes were quite generous. The receptionist evidently communicated that it was a birthday celebration and presented the desert with a candle which was thoughtful and appreciated.

As a Miami restaurant this is a fine choice. The outside seating can be a bit noisy with the car traffic, but the ambiance is lovely. The service is also generally good as was the food we ordered. However, it did not have the manners or refinement of a very high end restaurant (ie; in NYC).

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I were there for dinner on February. There was a party there, and I don't know if because of that we'd waited for one hour to have a table, even we had booked ten days earlier.
The ambiance and the bar are very pleasant, but the service was a little bit confused. They didn't order one of the dishes, but it was solved in few minutes. So, the night certainly could have been perfect, if it wasn't that slip.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Really cool vibe and food to match. My wife and I shared the truffle risotto, and it was very nice, but very rich, as it should be. The scallops appetizer was really nice, as was my wife's tuna tartar. One word of caution. Portion sizes are more European so do not expect to be overloaded with food. To me, this is a good thing. Wait staff was very attentive as we never had to pour our own wine or ask for water. Service was prompt but never rushed.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food is authentic italian with a hint of Miami fun. Fresh ingredients and perfect service. The wine list hosts a phenomenal selection and at incredibly reasonable prices.