“Favorite resturant in Miami!”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 20th Street
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This place is always our first stop in Miami, how can you not love Nobu? The food is so fresh, the menu is extensive with many options you will not see anywhere else and the service is impeccable! If you have never been there I highly recommend the yellowtail sashimi with jalapeños! Also, their miso black cod is out of this world, it literally melts in your mouth! Drink wise they have a great wine list and many signature drinks. Their twist on a classic margarita is called the Mia Margarita which features passion fruit. Their staff is also very friendly and helpful. I had many questions about the menu and they patiently walk you through it all and point out their favorites both food and drink wise. Also, we don’t know too much about Miami and our waitress was quick to list off many unique local spots and even called over another waiter to help add more options. I just thought it was so nice for them to take the time to really make our trip even better. I can not wait to go back to Miami just to eat here! I have read reviews and a big complaint is that it is pricey but price wise it is comparable to many of the popular hot spots in South Beach. South Beach overall is a pricey but at least here you are getting amazing food for the money.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Yes, the quality and freshness of the food is there but the types of maki rolls were pretty standard. Lots of good sushi place have become much more creative at a fraction of the price !

Reviewed July 23, 2013

No real complaints about Nobu Miami after our second visit. The first visit was a disaster, but the second visit improved.

We really enjoy Japanese food and are looking for a good option in Miami, our second home...we are still looking.

We really enjoyed the food and service. Our waiter was exceptional. Very patient and well informed. We had numerous questions about the menu and he was outstanding in explaining each dish and had great recommendations which we thoroughly enjoyed.

The food was very creative and well prepared. Each dish was exceptional.

The room however was dreary and in need of an urgent upgrade. Chipped paint, worn seats, dented wall coverings was the norm. For what you pay for...and expect...you would never imagine that the owners would let the place get so run down.

Nevertheless, the scene...not just Nobu, but the bar next door (forgot the name) in the Shore Club is great...exactly what we wanted.

If you have ever read one of my reviews, you know I am not one to complain about prices...there is a first time for everything. "Not worth it" are the only words that I can use to describe the experience.

My advice, go to the bar and then find a better Japanese restaurant to eat later...if you find a good Japanese place in Miami...let me know.

Was this review helpful? Please let me know.

2  Thank Knownews
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Here's the bottom line: You are paying a HUGE PILE of money to be a guinea pig for Chef Nobu's "creative", "experimental", food. For example, I don't know why it occurred to him that Chilean Sea Bass needed a black bean sauce, but I'm sorry it did. Do not come here for a reliable sushi meal. Come here if you are willing/eager to spend a huge pile of money to be that guinea pig. And if you do, I recommend getting one of the prix fix options. I can't use the word "bargain" but at least you know what size your pile of money will be. Seriously, drinks here average $15.

There are two things I can honestly rave about: the service and the Waygu beef. At $30+ an ounce, I'll likely never have Waygu beef again, and it was amazing. Service was exceptional.

1  Thank Natalie S
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The place is simple, but the food and the service are great. Had a lobster risotto with coconut - yes, risotto in a japanese restaurant - that was absolutely delicious. Be prepared to order three or four dishes from the menu. The portions are small.