“Class Act all the way”
Review of The Forge

The Forge
Ranked #19 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Royal Palm Ave & Sheridian Ave
Description: The Forge is one of South Florida's most legendary steakhouses, dating back to 1969 on Miami Beach. The award-winning restaurant is not your grandfather's steakhouse - although it once was. With its modern décor, ambiance and philosophy, The Forge has undergone a total makeover, the overall design and décor was executed by Francois Frossard. Walls of hand-carved blonde wood and antique mirrors, lilac and white crystal chandeliers, a wall of bubbles - are perfectly interspersed with the historical pieces that adorn the space. Every diner's seat is "the best in the house." The open floor plan of the 6,000-square-foot space allows guests to see and be seen. Executive Chef Julia Doyne presents a 65-item menu along with a delicious Dessert Menu. Finally, there's a labyrinth-like Wine Cellar with eight-rooms devoted to the rarest vintages in the world, and even a secret, lux private dining room, which seats up to 25 guests. The bar offers guest 64 Enomatic's wines by the ounce.
vancouver
“Class Act all the way”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

In 2005 my husband and I went here to celebrate our 5th year anniversary and it was amazing. Well 9 years later we have two beautiful little girls and a wonderful life together. But tragically we lost my beautiful husband to leukemia at the age of only 36 in September 2013 I decided that we were going to celebrate our anniversary as a family me my mom and my two little girls ages 4 and 7 and what better way to o so then back here at The Forge. I emailed them in advance and let them know of the significance of this meal and anniversary I never knew if they received my email. However when we arrived there was no doubt they had. We were treated like royalty they gave my little girls special chairs special drinks and treated them beautifully. They gave me and my mom champagne and prosecco on the house. We had a fabulous meal and then at the end of the meal they brought out a very special dessert for all four of us that had " Happy Anniversary for you and those that watch over you" written in chocolate on a giant plate. The Forge Staff went so far above and beyond what they had to do it was an amazing night and one me and my little girls and mom wont soon forget!!!!!

• Visited October 2013

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Amazing”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The food was amazing! Steak was cooked perfect, very good steakhouse. Not as good as ours in boston but very good! Lol

Visited February 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Fantastic Group Room!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

A group of 13 of us went to this first class restaurant on a thursday night. Everything was fantastic. Had the steak and it was cooked to perfection. We were located in a group room with a 3 piece table that was probably 20' x 18'. I am not sure what kind of wood it was but from what I gather it is a very hard would from indonesia. The chair were of the high-back kind. The service was great but the servers would startle you when they snuck between chairs to see if they could offer you anything.
We had a tour of thw wine cellar with our host Dean. Very knowledgable about wine, If you are looking to find a wine for any occassion at any price, the Forge is where you need to go.

Visited February 2014
“Manage you clients on Important days”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

A place like the forge to mess up my reservation and have me waiting on Valentines Day ! Along with everyone else here over an hour ? I can't even leave because of the wait just to get my money for the reservation back. They told me this place wasn't what it used to be but messing with Valentines I'm not the only person that's going to be angry and dissapointed.

Epsom, United Kingdom
“Fine Wine and Fine Dining”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We booked this restaurant on line, following a personal recommendation, whilst cruising the Caribbean, for a special evening during our short stay in Miami beach. Great choice of wines and our waitress Riazon brought drinks and a wonderful bread selection very quickly. We had a lovely table for four although only two dining which gave us more space. Food was excellent and the sommelier very helpful in selecting a wine that would suit one having steak and one having lobster! We were persuaded to order the Grand Marnier soufflé ahead and were not disappointed. For what we had we didn't consider it over expensive, just money well spent!

• Visited January 2014