“24th Birthday dinner”
Review of The Forge

The Forge
Ranked #23 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Royal Palm Ave & Sheridian Ave
Description: The Forge is one of South Florida's most legendary steakhouses, dating back to 1969 on Miami Beach. The award-winning restaurant is not your grandfather's steakhouse - although it once was. With its modern décor, ambiance and philosophy, The Forge has undergone a total makeover, the overall design and décor was executed by Francois Frossard. Walls of hand-carved blonde wood and antique mirrors, lilac and white crystal chandeliers, a wall of bubbles - are perfectly interspersed with the historical pieces that adorn the space. Every diner's seat is "the best in the house." The open floor plan of the 6,000-square-foot space allows guests to see and be seen. Executive Chef Julia Doyne presents a 65-item menu along with a delicious Dessert Menu. Finally, there's a labyrinth-like Wine Cellar with eight-rooms devoted to the rarest vintages in the world, and even a secret, lux private dining room, which seats up to 25 guests. The bar offers guest 64 Enomatic's wines by the ounce.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Probably the nicest restaurant I've been to. Wait staff was excellent and the ambiance was magical. Truly an awesome place all the way around. Make sure you sit in the big beautiful chairs for an added kick

Reviewed March 12, 2013

last nite 3/12/13 arrived at restaurant,10 dollars to park car? not in newyork!
Sat down, 3 of us ordered wile and cocktails, then starters.

we order our meal, it arrives, with 2 waiters," remember this place is dark inside" one waiter spills gravy all over our guests chair and pants, didnt notice till it began to soak into the chair and his pants!

I tell the waiter what happend, as my guest is in the bathroom cleaning himself off.
the waiter seems more concerned with the gravy stained cushion! then my guest, he offers to give us free coffee???? really! i cant believe it!

so we summons the manager, who is as bad as the waiter and says i will take off one of your starters,at this point still no sorry and no real concern for my guest?

we travel alot between newyork and florida and have never spent 275 dollars on a meal that was so bad!!!
so needless to say we will never dine there again and yes we will inform ALL of our friends and family how we were treated!

THANKS BUT NO THANKS

1  Thank michael p
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Owner shareef melnick has done a great job with this Miami beach landmark but its not the same ... The new whimsical style is different but I can't say I like it ...
The well trained staff seemed a bit off the night I went .... I don't mind paying 16 for a grey goose but not one I had to wait 10 mi for an exact measured pour ...
The waiter suggest Chilean sea bass it sat at the bottom of a bowl and wasnt the quality I was hoping for ...
We ordered a soufflé when we ordered dinner ... It came out 40 minutes after we finished dinner ...
Still ok , but for 200 for dinner for 2 , I would expect more

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I found it to be a little boring for Miami Beach which I think of to be more chic.

Menu was impressive. The service was slow. Overall I it was ok, but there are better restaurants to go to besides that one.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Boat Show weekend, my husband and I and 2 other couples had a wonderful dining experience at The Forge. The interior is beautiful, and the steaks are delicious! The only thing I was disappointed about was the fact that we missed the Veuve Clicquot Happy Hour that Friday from 6-9... $10/glass of $50/bottle!