“Been coming here for 20 years”
Review of The Forge

The Forge
Ranked #25 of 1,137 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Royal Palm Ave & Sheridian Ave
Description: The Forge is one of South Florida's most legendary steakhouses, dating back to 1969 on Miami Beach. The award-winning restaurant is not your grandfather's steakhouse - although it once was. With its modern décor, ambiance and philosophy, The Forge has undergone a total makeover, the overall design and décor was executed by Francois Frossard. Walls of hand-carved blonde wood and antique mirrors, lilac and white crystal chandeliers, a wall of bubbles - are perfectly interspersed with the historical pieces that adorn the space. Every diner's seat is "the best in the house." The open floor plan of the 6,000-square-foot space allows guests to see and be seen. Executive Chef Julia Doyne presents a 65-item menu along with a delicious Dessert Menu. Finally, there's a labyrinth-like Wine Cellar with eight-rooms devoted to the rarest vintages in the world, and even a secret, lux private dining room, which seats up to 25 guests. The bar offers guest 64 Enomatic's wines by the ounce.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Owner shareef melnick has done a great job with this Miami beach landmark but its not the same ... The new whimsical style is different but I can't say I like it ...
The well trained staff seemed a bit off the night I went .... I don't mind paying 16 for a grey goose but not one I had to wait 10 mi for an exact measured pour ...
The waiter suggest Chilean sea bass it sat at the bottom of a bowl and wasnt the quality I was hoping for ...
We ordered a soufflé when we ordered dinner ... It came out 40 minutes after we finished dinner ...
Still ok , but for 200 for dinner for 2 , I would expect more

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I found it to be a little boring for Miami Beach which I think of to be more chic.

Menu was impressive. The service was slow. Overall I it was ok, but there are better restaurants to go to besides that one.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Boat Show weekend, my husband and I and 2 other couples had a wonderful dining experience at The Forge. The interior is beautiful, and the steaks are delicious! The only thing I was disappointed about was the fact that we missed the Veuve Clicquot Happy Hour that Friday from 6-9... $10/glass of $50/bottle!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I live locally and had been a customer of the Forge for MANY years.The restaurant closed for extensive renovations and reopened to much anticipation.We looked forward to the new chapter but was deeply disappointed.While the new decor was beautiful and extensive,the service had gone out with the furnishings and reservations were not honored eg:minimum 45minute wait!Well,the good news is we decided to try again after a year of absence and found it to be a pleasurable experience.We got sat promptly,the bread arrived immediately with a delicious selection.Our dinner order consisted of the original classics that are still on the menu.The chopped salad,jumbo shrimp cocktail,tuna tartar,Famous Super Steak,great sides and finally chocolate soufflé(need to order 30 mins prior)Some of the newer dishes sounded yummy,but we'lll try them next time.Clearly,there will be a NEXT time and will look forward to it

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Forge goes back decades to Frank Sinatra and the Rat PAck. The interior is decorated in an eclectic style of Baroque meets 60s Glam. Its certainly a place to people watch. Unfortunately the food is below par and the cocktails are nothing to write home about. My Old Fashioned was served to me with chunks of orange and muddled Cherrys. Sadly over priced for what you get!