“Good sushi, great location”
Review of Doraku Sushi

Doraku Sushi
Ranked #181 of 1,096 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Normal, Illinois
“Good sushi, great location”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I love this place. On a Tuesday night, all of the other restaurants around the area were moderately busy, but this place was packed! Luckily we didn't have to wait for a table (although, they really make sure to get as many tables out of the space as possible).

Our food was fantastic! We ordered the firecracker roll (twice, in fact - my girlfriend liked it so much we ended up ordering a second), the hamachi sashimi, and the wahoo dish. They were all very good.

The only downside is that they had already sold out of the two dishes we wanted on the menu.

Visited March 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Best offered sushi menu - Lunch and Dinner Happy Hour.”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Best offered menu - Lunch and Dinner Happy Hour. Different menu specials but equally amazing. Martinis are fabulous. I would sit at the sushi bar because this big restaurant was always full. Fun watching the chefs making the sushi. Different chefs making different orders on the menu. Fabulous. A must go to when in South Beach/near Alton.

• Visited January 2014
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Sushi but happy hour is too hectic”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The food was good, as was the value, however the service and the time it took to get the food to the table was awful. If you go, avoid 5-7pm.

Mystic, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Doraku HH best in Miami Beach”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stopped in at Doraku on Lincoln (near Alton) Sunday, Feb 16 for the Happy Hour from 5 - 7. This was on advice of happy hour list from Advisor Girl and a young couple we met previous night at Abbey Brewing Company (also on good advice from Advisor Girl).

We were hoping for Lycheetinis and Ahi Poke we had heard was priced very nicely during happy hour. We arrived a few minutes early and were lucky enought to sit at the main bar and met Pedro, who is the absolute bomb and was spot on with his recommendations from the HH menu. He is a fav with the ladies and very humbly posed with his guns a couple of times. The watermelon version of the Lycheetini was especially tasty. Music, lighting, ambience....all great.

Apps ($6 ea) we tried:

1. Deluxe Spicy Chilli Roll - (Incredible flavor)
2. Ahi Poke - Had this many times in HNL, the ahi was more subtle, but the 'dressing" more complex....very tasty!
3. Salmon Carpaccio - Best of all, delish!
4. Salmon Kama - Hot dish....salmon absolutely melts in your mouth.

The lycheetinis were $6 ea and Kirin drafts at $4 ea during happy hour...we had our share.

We were there little more than an hour and were pleasantly buzzed and "foodied out" at the same time.

Perfect happy hour! Can't recommend this place enough. Pedro the man.

New York City, New York
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Just had a disappointing visit at Doraku. I feel like kicking myself because it was the rare occasion that I met someone on Lincoln for a meal. I try hard to stay away from Lincoln Road meals. It makes me crazy to go to tourist places but tonight I gave in. Mistake.
My cucumber roll was fine. Not tasty. But fine. Then I ordered a Bamboo roll. Ten minutes pass. After about another 15 minutes I wondered about the roll. Fine. We drank more wine. 25 or so minutes goes by. No roll. Who is even hungry anymore? I told our waiter that I'd like to cancel the roll. He was surprised I hadn't eaten it(??) and said it would come out right away. Ten more minutes go by. Nothing. I ask another sever to pease be sure the order(if it even exists)got canceled. By this time we hadn't seen our waiter in a while. Finally the bill comes. The waiter walked up to to our table, saying nothing to us he picked up the bill and looked at it. Put it back down, never saying a word and walked away.
Whatever.