“Gigantic menu - that all tastes about the same”
Review of Nexxt Cafe

Nexxt Cafe
Ranked #179 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Gigantic menu - that all tastes about the same”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This mecca of Lincoln Rd gawkers that need to stop for refueling is just that. The menu is extensive, yet somehow the flavors all manage to be the same mildly flavored gigantic portioned food, that make you feel like you're getting your money's worth (if you had no discerning taste buds) No matter if you're getting asian, middle eastern, american or spanish, all of which they have...it all tastes and looks about the same. Its expected that with a menu this big, no one thing can be done that well, but my advice is still to the basics, or go elsewhere.

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
North Miami, Florida
“Never again?”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

So, after a lovely charity walk (AIDS Walk Miami 2013) in Miami Beach, seven of us went, on a friend's recomendation, to Nexxt Cafe on Lincoln Road. The setting was perfect, on the edge of the sidewalk to see & be seen, gentle breeze keeping it from being overly hot, just enough shade for those of us who needed it. And let me say that having done a charity walk, we were NOT the dirty, unwashed masses. It was a perfect morning, we were groomed and while wearing t-shirts from the walk, not shabbily dressed. A group of proffessional adults spanning 20 years in ages, not badly behaved kids.
There were at least 7 empty tables that I could see without getting up to do inventory so you couldn't say they were slammed.
After we were seated, we waited 20 minutes for anyone to show any interest in out table. In fact, the people at the next table finished, left, a new couple were seated there and had drinks & apps before we had water. At the 25 minute mark, one of us went to the hostess & asked if we might see a server soon. Someone was there within five minutes but she seemed bothered by our presence when she took our orders. One of us, the snob amoung us who'd been suggesting we leave & find another place foe several minutes, decided to order nothing so there were only six items and six beverages ordered.
Beverages arrived in short order but we waited 45 minutes for food and mine wasn't there. At that point, I declined to order fearing that it would be 45 more minutes.
The food that did arrive was mostly good. (Feeling sorry for me, everyone let me have a bit of theirs and the waitress did bring me a plate in less than 5 minutes) One person's omlette seemed as if it might have been languishing under a heat lamp for a while & got a bit rubbery. We did enjoy ourselves but 3 of us had to leave to be somewhere else before one had finished his meal and long before the check came.
We did have a good time of it and, as I said, the food was good but, I'd never recomend it to anyone for fear of them having an experiance like this. And, I was a bit miffed at the included gratuity although, if that's their service standard, I can understand why. As we a) seldom go to lincoln Road for a meal and b) there are many other choices, I don't think I'd ever go there again.

1 Thank rustopher
Columbia, South Carolina
“Good food & People Watching”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Loved the spicy chicken pasta dish. Attentive wait staff. Prices are reasonable for Miami Beach. Great people watching on Lincoln Rd.

Visited April 2013
Paramount, California
“Imitation what? Unbelievable”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This place was recommended by staff so we went too search for the good place for salads etc. After perusing the menu which was done after our group ordered drinks & appetizers it was discovered this restaurant was a 'wanna be Cheesecake Factory' ... Upon learning from the waiter that the cook came from The Cheesecake Factory and trained the staff to cook food per recipes from CCF ... Our group became very dissatisfied & found it to be distasteful to say the least .., yes we ate the food because I don't believe in causing a scene or embarrassing others but we won't be back ... Yes I copycat recipes at home when entertaining guests but I would never steal someones recipe to make money on ..., this is just wrong .., there's something wrong with the lawsuit that CCF lost as well as the waiter said we won bc we had a few different dishes so they wouldn't be exactly the same! Funny tho even the chicken madera listed same as CCF menu says its one of the favorites! Get your own menu & your own recipes!

“Always Busy”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had several in our group and everyone tried something different. It was very busy as usual even though it was the middle of the week. The menu is overwhelming to me, several pages of choices. There is something for everyone. My meal was forgotten, and I did get it later than the rest of the group. Not a big deal. I had the flat bread pizza that was very good and ceviche also very good, others had pasta dishes and salads with goat cheese. No one left hungry. all satisfied.