“Went for friends reunion dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Escopazzo - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 13th Street
Transit: 1 Bus
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Went for friends reunion dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great, great food but too too costly. We were overcharged and I had to point it out so they took $50 off but we think we were still overcharged.

• Visited July 2013

Katonah, New York
“Perfect ending to a perfect trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My daughter invited me to join her on a getaway trip to South Beach. After reviewing places to eat, we chose Escopazzo for our last night. Our waiter, Davis, talked us into the five course tasting menu, from which we could actually choose whatever we wanted! Each course was better than the one before, the wine was excellent and the service and attention paid to our every wish was superb! Absolutely spectacular food, and although the meal was pricey (our choice), it was well worth it!

• Visited July 2013
Saint John, Canada
“Food was great, but we waited far too long for our bill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My partner and I ate here while we were in Miami, the atmosphere was slightly tacky, the food was delicious - being a vegetarian I was pleased to find a number of vegan and vegetarian options, initially we thought our server was OK, making a number of suggestions for both wine & food, but that changed come the end of the night. We ordered a bottle of wine when we first were seated, by the time we had finished our meal the wine was gone, and the server took our plates - - - we waited an extremely long time after finishing the wine and meal before the server came with our bill, leaving us sitting there just waiting, no wine, no food with somewhere else we wanted to be.. it was so long that I was beginning to get agitated. We looked for our server and tried to make eye contact which did not work. I don't think I would return based on our experience.

• Visited February 2013
Basel, Switzerland
“Food was ok, but not worth the price tag”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went to this restaurant through a recommendation from a guide. The interior of this place was like an Italian restaurant, like a cheezy italian restaurant.The food was ok but common 30 dollars for a plate of pasta! we ordered a bottle of wine, not the cheapest but also not the most expensive and that tasted like crap.
I did like that the waiters were from Italy, but surely they should also feel bad for what is charged!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Chris37_13
“Authentic fabulous Italian with delicious imaginative Vegan/Vegetarian options. Chef family owned -”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

One of the original south beach spots. The food has even gotten better with time. Well worth a new or a repeat visit. I can't wait to go back! Chef has added raw food vegan and vegetarian options that are beautiful and delicious. Extensive Italian centric wine list - well priced by south beach standards.

• Visited April 2013