“Will be back!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Avenue & 5th Street
Description: Equal parts killer neighborhood restaurant and cool, casual watering hole, Tongue & Cheek serves approachable, ingredient-driven, American fare with just the right amount of whimsy. Serving daily happy hour, dinner, and Saturday & Sunday brunch.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Came here on a visit from NYC. Food was spectacular. It's a great addition to the South Beach dining scene. It's a nice break from the huge number of NYC chains (scarpetta, shake shack, etc etc.). Nice to see some innovation in the local dining scene!

Oysters and the starters in general were the most notable.

The bar stocks Pappy Van Winkle bourbon, which is a rare find. Bartenders were eager to accomodate us.

I will be back, and I recommend this place to others. You wont be disappointed.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Back in Miami Beach on vacation and wanted to try something new for a change. We stumbled upon the Tongue & Cheek restaurant and are so grateful we did! As you enter, you are taken back by the rustic yet contemporary interior and distinctive aromas, which pleases your eyes and taste buds.

Our group started with some appetizers and drinks. I strongly recommend the whiskey sour and white sangria. The whiskey sour was hands down the best I've ever had! Tongue & Cheek tops their cocktail off with egg whites (of all things). At first, I was hesitant to try it but the fluffy whites complement the whiskey perfectly! My group sampled the oxtail tamale with smoked mushrooms (which were unbelievably succulent) and oysters for appetizers. Both starters were gone in an instant and I couldn't wait to place my main course order.

I shared the beef cheek burger with poutine fries and the Moroccan short ribs with friends. Both were phenomenal, full of flavor, and melted in your mouth! The blend of Moroccan spices on the ribs was to die for... If only they sold it by the jar.

Tongue & Cheek will definitely be our new Miami Beach go-to restaurant! You can't beat comfort food with a modern Miami twist that incorporates fresh and local ingredients.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We loved it here! Ate here last Friday night and had great service from the entire team at Tongue & Cheek. I was worried that there wouldn't be anything vegetarian on the menu, I was so wrong! The drinks were super creative and the food was so so so tasty. They are doing a really great thing here. We ordered everything from apps to "off the menu-vegan" to "off the menu-diet" to full meat and fish dishes. My friend got the burger and said it was one of the best ones she's ever had. We all really enjoyed our meal and would definitely go back.

1  Thank Cassandra S
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Miami all the time and am often let down by the variety and quality of restaurants in South Beach. However, this time I found a keeper and after two consecutive visits I can tell you that this is my new go to place when in town.
I was actually there for cocktails and snacks the other night and our experience at the bar was great. We got to sit next to their snack bar and watched our plates being prepared while sipping on a variety of delicious cocktails. We also had their heavily acclaimed oysters which were a real treat and actually lived up to the hype.
On another occasion we came to Tongue & Cheek for a business dinner which lasted a good three hours. Our server couldn’t have been nicer and took awareness of our meeting in order to never disturb us. Some of us ordered from their Spice menu while I opted for items from their main menu which included a melt in your mouth short rib dish, side of sweet corn and finally a banana cream pie.
I highly recommend this spot and am looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Food was amazing, though portions a little on the small side. Had the Miami Spice 3 course menu and thought portions were small because of that, but even those who ordered off the regular menu got small portions. That being said what we got was delicious. I had the country pate, chicken fried steak and the coffee custard with pistachio cake and homemade dippin' dots for dessert. I am still dreaming about that dessert. Beautiful restaurant, great drinks. Must try at least once.