“Excellent food / service / location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tongue & Cheek - CLOSED

Tongue & Cheek
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Avenue & 5th Street
Description: Equal parts killer neighborhood restaurant and cool, casual watering hole, Tongue & Cheek serves approachable, ingredient-driven, American fare with just the right amount of whimsy. Serving daily happy hour, dinner, and Saturday & Sunday brunch.
Miami, Florida, United States
“Excellent food / service / location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We loved it here! Ate here last Friday night and had great service from the entire team at Tongue & Cheek. I was worried that there wouldn't be anything vegetarian on the menu, I was so wrong! The drinks were super creative and the food was so so so tasty. They are doing a really great thing here. We ordered everything from apps to "off the menu-vegan" to "off the menu-diet" to full meat and fish dishes. My friend got the burger and said it was one of the best ones she's ever had. We all really enjoyed our meal and would definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cassandra S

New York, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Miami all the time and am often let down by the variety and quality of restaurants in South Beach. However, this time I found a keeper and after two consecutive visits I can tell you that this is my new go to place when in town.
I was actually there for cocktails and snacks the other night and our experience at the bar was great. We got to sit next to their snack bar and watched our plates being prepared while sipping on a variety of delicious cocktails. We also had their heavily acclaimed oysters which were a real treat and actually lived up to the hype.
On another occasion we came to Tongue & Cheek for a business dinner which lasted a good three hours. Our server couldn’t have been nicer and took awareness of our meeting in order to never disturb us. Some of us ordered from their Spice menu while I opted for items from their main menu which included a melt in your mouth short rib dish, side of sweet corn and finally a banana cream pie.
I highly recommend this spot and am looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited March 2013
Bronx, New York
“Wonderful meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Food was amazing, though portions a little on the small side. Had the Miami Spice 3 course menu and thought portions were small because of that, but even those who ordered off the regular menu got small portions. That being said what we got was delicious. I had the country pate, chicken fried steak and the coffee custard with pistachio cake and homemade dippin' dots for dessert. I am still dreaming about that dessert. Beautiful restaurant, great drinks. Must try at least once.

Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
“Every dish came warm”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went on a slow Monday night, there were at the most 6 tables, we easily parked on the street. Our waitress was very nice and we chose the Miami spice menu. I was surprised with the small size of the dishes and that every dish that were supossed to be hot came warm , the duck, the snapper and the mac & cheese. After reading so great reviews about this restaurant I went home disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Nice Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here with my husband and selected from the Miami Spice menu. The appetizers right down to the dessert were delicious and uniquely prepared. The banana cream pie was particularly memorable for its "deconstructed" preparation. The white sangria was fruity and refreshing. The service was very pleasant and attentive. The only glitch in the evening was that I made the reservations through Open Table on the Miami Spice website and the restaurant had no record of it. It was fine given that they had space to accommodate us, but had they not I would have been very disappointed.

Visited September 2013