“Great new addition to the Miami Beach dining scene”
Review of Tongue & Cheek - CLOSED

Tongue & Cheek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Avenue & 5th Street
Description: Equal parts killer neighborhood restaurant and cool, casual watering hole, Tongue & Cheek serves approachable, ingredient-driven, American fare with just the right amount of whimsy. Serving daily happy hour, dinner, and Saturday & Sunday brunch.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We eat out a lot - we like to try new restaurants. It took me longer than usual to get to this new hot spot, but it was worth squeezing into the schedule. In the old Tuscan Steak space, it looks like they aren't using the space optimally, but who cares when the food is this good?

The chef was incredibly accommodating. I have food allergies that can make some restaurant cooks cringe, but this chef didn't blink. He even modified a dish for me so that I could eat it. I highly recommend the lamb belly entree (although the octopus was overcooked and really chewy) - the flavors were outstanding. I also urge you to order the white sangria - you don't get it often, and theirs is beautifully crafted.

Service was attentive without being oppressive, and we didn't mind the noise levels one bit. I've heard that brunch is also good here - that's next on the list!

There are newer reviews for Tongue & Cheek

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Delighted to find this new (3 months open) restaurant at the foot of Washington around 5th. Interesting menu for Miami, if not actual animal tongue or cheek on our visit, instead well thought through and fantastically tasty meat-driven meals. Liked the small bites/mid size and main meal options, which gave us the chance to sample the menu more widely. The main course lamb belly with smoked octopus and eggplant/aubergine was one of the best meals I've had in a very long time, truly top notch. It was 70 per cent full on a Friday night of 4th July weekend so perhaps it's location, newness and slightly unusual menu may not have yet fully engaged the locals or visitor population, but it is well, well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were staying one night in SoBe and the gentleman at the hotel told us this place just opened and was really good.

He wasn't kidding. We were there on a Sunday and had their Sunday Bunch. Food was spectacular. Service was excellent. Claire kept our water glasses full and didn't pressure us about ordering any other drinks or additional food.

My wife had the burger with some special substitutions, and I had the Cuban pulled pork sandwich. I knew this was gonna be good when I spied a little bottle of Tobacco on the plate with my sandwich. It was outstanding.

After knocking around SoBe the rest of the day, we stopped back by T&C (it was just down the block from our hotel) and had dessert. The Crackerjack milkshake is to die for. There wasn't enough. My wife had the chocolate cake with berries dessert and she was extremely satisfied.

Make this a required stop whenever you are in SoBe. You won't regret it!

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Funky menu - everything was delicious. The Oysters with cucumber mignonette a must! Edamame bruschetta and Scallops - awesome. For cocktails - order the gin and cucumber or Whiskey Sour - enjoy

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Wow - that is all I can say - I started with the Pan Con Tomate, the Tomato whipped burrata and edamame crostini - then ordered of the king crab and chicharrones and my stomach was telling me more more more!!! Next I had the kale caesar and peaches n cream salad both unique and delicious - the steamed mussels were also incredible - even though I was stuffed I managed to inhale the roasted trout which was flavorful and delicate and served with some corn salad that was also very tasty - for desert I had the strawberry shortcake!!!! I would come back just for the desert - blew me away