“Great Pizza in an Unlikely Location”
Review of Blocks Pizza Deli

Blocks Pizza Deli
Ranked #7 of 1,087 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Pizza in an Unlikely Location”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I been visiting Miami Beach 2-3 times/year for the last three years and like to explore. We're staying at the SLS Hotel and I took a run/walk and wound-up a few miles away on Washington Street. I knew I'd have lunch at one of the many, many small restaurants/pizza joints and stopped at several to inspect the menu and vibe. I came upon Blocks and like that they offered many interesting pizza choices with people who care about making good pizza and customer service. It was the place that "talked to me," like when you are house hunting and walk into the one when you say, "This is the one." I ordered the "Farmer's Choice," which is a veggie option. It was excellent, with an incredible crust. The owner even took my tray when I was done and asked if I enjoyed the pizza. The answer was, "Yes, very much!"

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Advanceman

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Miami, Florida
“One of the best indeed”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Miami is always searching for the best pizza, for many years Steve´s pizza was claimed to be the best, I tried it a few months ago and disagree on the other hand Blocks is a tiny and almost invisible place located on Washington Ave that indeed offers excelllent quality at reasonable prices, in a clean space. I will not claim this is the best pizza but for sure it is a very good one and this is my choice when I´m on the beach.

• Visited October 2013
Ft Lauderdale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is one of my top five restaurants in Miami Beach.”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I found this restaurant while I was on a food tour with Miami Culinary Tours. I never would have stopped in otherwise, most likely because the front of the building is unassuming and the area to eat in is rather small. However, that doesn't stop them from being one of the best places I've ever eaten.

This place quickly went from being a spectacular one-time dining experience to an all-time favorite for my husband and I. First of all, the food there is organic. They make their own sourdough and only use fresh ingredients. The taste is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I can't stress enough how awesome the flavors are because of how high quality their pizza is. Our favorite thing to get there though is actually the Sundried Hippie - a vegetarian-friendly pocket filled with some of our favorite non-meats, like baby spinach leaves, juicy kalamata olives, and feta cheese.

If you want to put a little extra pizzazz on your pizza or pockets, they have a rack of infused olive oils to sprinkle onto your meal. I recommend the rosemary-infused, followed by the garlic.

Although you can technically eat inside of Blocks Deli, the area is quite small, so I would recommend getting your food to go. They deliver if you are in the area, but I suggest grabbing a pizza and taking it out to the beach for a mini-picnic. The best part about this place is that if you live a ways off (like we do), you can get a fresh pizza to take home and bake yourself. So delicious. They are a bit on the pricey side (compared to regular take-out pizza) but so, so worth it.

This place is a must-go.

• Visited August 2013
Belgrade, null, Serbia
“One of the reasons to come back to Miami”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

One of the best Pizza's I have ever had in my life, shame I don't live in Miami Beach otherwisee I'd be back AGAIN, AGAIN…and AGAIN !!! The base was crisp (dough made with natural yeast), airy and super fresh. The toppings were generously filled and very tasty !!!
Service was very quick and food came quick. It's a small but very cozy and super clean place !!! Come and try it…you won't regret it !!! My favorite pizza was Eugene's choice !!!

• Visited October 2013
Miami, Florida
“The best pizza in town.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have never eaten a pizza like this one we like it so much that we end up ordering a couple more. We give this place a 5 star

• Visited September 2013