“Drink at Dusk”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 10th and 11th Street
Description: La Savina brings the free spirit, bohemian sensibility and culinary bounty of the Balearic Islands to South Beach. Our award-winning culinary team, led by Morgans Corporate Executive Chef Tien Ho and La Savina's Chef de Cuisine Gabriel Cruz have created a menu that perfectly captures the flavors of signature restaurants on the Mediterranean coast. Eliciting the spirit of these magical islands, La Savina offers a simple mix of amazingly fresh crudos, grilled meats and fish and the best seasonal vegetables in South Florida, served alongside unmatched views of Biscayne Bay. The kitchen specializes in the simple, highly-flavorful chargrilled meats and fish prepared in the classic "a la parilla" style that is the staple of coastal Mediterranean cooking. Guests of the restaurant share their meal and experience "in the style of Mediterranean families, who socialize for hours over beautiful meals with incredibly fresh seasonal ingredients."
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Come here for a drink at sunset! The pool is a great spot to hang during the last few hours of the day.

There are newer reviews for La Savina

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a few different plates over our stay at the Mondrian. Sushi was very fresh and light, burger is amazing, and chicken club sandwich was fantastic. Ordered everything pool-side but service was fast.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

In my experience this is the best restaurant in Miami. Fusion with a lot of dishes to taste and discover, really interesting.
Very smooth and comfortable atmosphere.
Great service, nice and carefull.
Price in line with the quality.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We went there on a Sunday night, so it was pretty quiet. But the view from the terrace was really great, overlooking the bay and the buildings from downtown. We had sushis and both quality and quantity were very good. So we did very much enjoy the evening

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I live within a few minutes walking to The Mondrian South Beach. I was thrilled when the hotel opened especially for the fantastic restaurant "Asia de Cuba" which I frequented often! The food was extraordinary and the atmosphere fantastic! I also always bring visiting friends to this restaurant.

Recently I brought friends from Switzerland raving to them how wonderful this eclectic restaurant was. I was shocked to arrive to an empty restaurant and a completely different menu. Asia de Cuba was no longer!!! I was so disappointed and felt helpless as I had promised them an interesting environment and fun, unique, and delicious food.

The new venue is called "The Restaurant" at The Mondrian. The menu resembles your average South Beach "trying-to-be-trendy" but in the end its the same old food as so many other places on The Beach. And the quality of both the service and the food was mediocre.

There were two Servers for both the inside and outside terrace tables and although there were very few tables there was definitely NOT enough staff (although they were very gracious and remembered me from my Asia de Cuba days).

We had to wait so long just to order. It took forever to finally get the wine and my friend's Hendricks and tonic arrived flat after a long wait and then had to be sent back.

Between the closing of Asia de Cuba and The China Grille, there is unfortunately no good Asian fusion restaurants in this important neighborhood of South Beach!!! What a shame!!!!

1  Thank BambinaRosa