WINNER WONDERLAND

Blanc Kara
Ranked #30 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Beautiful spacious hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have been to Miami several times and this was my favourite hotel that I have stayed at so far. The hotel is a short walk to the action on Ocean Drive and the shopping on Collins, but just far enough away to enjoy a quiet stay. I loved the décor of both the lobby and the room and the Nespresso machine in the room was a nice touch! I also loved the fact that it had a small kitchen in the room for the option of a longer stay. My only small critique was the firmness of the bed.

I only stayed 1 night as I was cruising from Miami, but would definitely stay again next time I am in town and I hope to stay longer!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JanisToronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I drove down from Orlando to attend a performance at the Adrienne Arsht Center. We chose the Blanc Kara because it was convenient to the Performing Arts Center and reasonably priced.

What a great choice. This boutique hotel has been tastefully renovated in a minimalist style. We were upgraded to a large suite comprising of a kitchen, seating area with two sofas, a modern bathroom with walk in shower, bedroom and large terrace which would have been great to sit out on if it had not been raining. Our room was on the second floor at the front and with windows on two sides was light and airy. The room rate included breakfast - two pastries, fruit and coffee conveniently served in a brown bag so that you could take it up to your room.

Like most hotels in Miami and Miami Beach parking was a bit of a pain. Fortunately we were able to park on a meter outside the hotel when we checked in and again when we returned to the hotel at 11pm. There is no charge for parking on a meter from 3 - 9am so we fed the meter until 3am and again at 9am. It was a hassle but was cheaper than parking in the garage a few blocks away.

Our sleep was disturbed at 6am by a street cleaner pressure washing the sidewalk. This was not something that the hotel could control but we were told that it happens regularly.

Ocean Drive is a few blocks away and the trendy restaurants and bars are all within walking distance. Lincoln Road is a bit too far for most people to walk to.

I will definitely consider staying at Blanc Kara next time I am in Miami.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a terrace
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FloridaGirl2012
Whitchurch-Stouffville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very new hotel, very well appointed rooms with a kitchenette to provide you options for longer stays. Breakfast to go, friendly staff and a comfortable bed.
Nice to be one street off Ocean Drive to escape the noise without being far from the beach. The price point beats many of the older, run down spots in South Beach.
I will return to this hotel on my next trip.

Room Tip: Ground floor was perfect for me.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Recently stayed here and found every member of the staff to be alert and interested in making our stay pleasing. Great vibe. No noise. Quiet. Brilliant decor. Sparkly and creative artwork throughout. Will stay here again. Out of the South Beach fray, but a short walk away from all that South Beach has to offer

Room Tip: Third floor in the back or second floor with a balcony!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AuntPaddy
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I know this might look like the review from the owner of the business, but believe me it is not.
Nevertheless, I am the owner of a small inn in Roma and I can say I have some knowledge of the environment.
This is why I feel I want to submit this positive review on Blank Cara Hotel in Miami Beach, which will be useful to future guest-to-be.
I have been staying there for 15 days last December, and had previously booked online further to their quote for the period.
I was given the name of this hotel on a web site, and during the reservation process I directly dealt with the Manager, Cynthia, who has been very helpful.
The first thing that caught me from the very beginning was the delicate scent that was pervading all the communal areas.
I was welcomed and checked in by Yves, who immediately provided me with all the info needed for my staying. I was given room#204 on the 2nd floor.
I got positively impressed by the hotel, offering not simple rooms, but proper studios instead, newly redecorated and fully furnished with sofa, armchair, tv and a very comfortable bed. The studios offer also private bathroom with a huge shower, with all the possible items necessary for your staying.
The property is kept in a very tidy and clean status, and thorough cleanings are performed daily.
It is very conveniently located, but at the same time it offers the quietness and peace which are so hard to find in a busy and alive environment such as Miami Beach.
Everything is just a quick stroll from the hotel, either by walking or cycling, or by bus.
All the staff has always shown great attention to the guest’s needs, being very helpful and so kind at all the times . Annette, Cynthia, Sarah, Yves and Sterling have made my staying at Miami really unforgettable.
Absolutely recommendable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank b-coolrome
Cynthia L, General Manager at Blanc Kara, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Michele,

Thank you thank you thank you for such a wonderful review!!
We were so glad to meet you and to have you with us for such a long time.
And I'm so glad that you spent your well deserved holidays with us :-)

If we pass by Rome we will inevitably come to see you.
Let's stay in touch.
All the best from all the Blanc Kara team
Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel has everything...it has a GREAT, great, great location.

It's brand new, it smells like a new car, like a new pair of nice shoes...everything is in flawless conditions.

The rooms are big, kitchen is fantastic with all the items you might need, bathroom is 5star.

Staff of the hotel is great, I received a package after I left the hotel to go to Mexico (it was a big package, it was luggage) and they kept it for me for 10 days until I came back to Miami, special thanks to Ariel.

If the hotel rate doesn't go too high, I plan to visit it each time I go to Miami. I highly recommend this place to all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jaypee,

I love your comparison with the new car or the new shoes ;-)
Thank you very much for such a nice review.
Please come back to stay with us next time you're in Miami.

See you soon
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I only stayed one night at this hotel but was very pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, the amenities and the service. The location could not be any better, just one block away from frenzy Ocean Dr. and just across from a fun restaurant The Big Pink. I hope to return for a longer stay but highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hi there,

Thank you so much, I truly hope you'll be able to come back for a longer stay next time.

Warm regards