“Amazing Greek Restaurant in South Beach!”

Poseidon Restaurant And Outdoor Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Poseidon Restaurant And Outdoor Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 1,102 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between 11th and 12th street
Description: Poseidon Greek Restaurant & Outdoor Lounge has made his new home in South Beach and now hungry diners who crave the fabulous flavors of Greek ,Mediterranean and seafood cuisine can check out this new eatery.At Poseidon, the chefs follow Hippocrates recommendation that "food be thy medicine," by crafting healthy dishes rather than making popsicles from cough syrup. They sprinkle their recipes with krocus kozanis, a golden Greek spice, and infuses meals with oregano, rosemary, and thyme culled from the Taygetos Mountain of Kalamata. They also import fresh fish from the Aegean Sea before brushing salmon with extra virgin olive oil and tossing pasta with a medley of shellfish. Slick white tables and cool blue walls recall a refreshing day spent among the blue and white abodes lining the Greek shores of the Mediterranean. Prepare yourselves for a culinary journey to Greece through this wonderful experience and taste.... . Plus, with one of the best outdoor dining
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I went there on a Sunday night and the place was surprisingly busy for a new a restaurant. People were mostly sitting outside and I figured soon why as the furniture there is very appealing and comfy with those big white chairs. The service was good, I was served by a guy who wasn't Greek but he told me that the owner and the executive and sue chef were Greek. I order the octopus for appetizer. It was very tender, moist, fresh and flavorful. Then I got the scallops for entree, it had a very unique sauce so I asked about it and the guy who served me said that it was made of Greek red saffron sauce. I decided to finish my dinner with a baklava. The phyllo was very crispy but I couldn't eat it all as the potion was huge so I took it home. In general it's a simple, clean, and modem place and you can definitely feel the Greek environment. The food is good, warm, fresh, tasty but also affordable. I'm going back for sure.

There are newer reviews for Poseidon Restaurant And Outdoor Lounge

Reviewed April 15, 2013

After reading a positive review in the Miami Herald, we decided to give th place a try. First impression was bad. Blaring non greek music, tacky cheep plastic tables and chairs, and a small staff apparently fully devoted to serving a table of eight nasty biker types. After waiting 15 minutes to be acknowledged we ordered a couple of iced teas to cool off, but were told " the machine no working"...and us no staying. This place will fold in a few months which is a shame, since the Beach could really use a decent, moderately priced Greek place.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a new Greek restaurant right in the heart of South Beach. I thought the food was delicious as well as the Greek beer! Everyone was very personable that I dealt with and I liked the decor and open feel. Will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My friends and I were walking by this restaurant and the decor and music playing caught our attention. There was this young lady in the entrance who greeted us very kindly. The vibe was very welcoming, the atmosphere gave us a feel of summer in Greece. I ordered the swordfish, which came with a sauce that was very tasty (I believe it was a spicy beurre blanc sauce). It added much flavor to the dish and I made my friends taste it as well because I have never had anything like it! My friend had a soup which was light and had a strong lemon feel to it. We also ordered dessert-- homemade baklava and galaktoboureiko--DELICIOUS! The dessert portions were very big, we had to take it to go. I am glad I experienced this restaurant, I am definitely coming again!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

A new Greek restaurant with poor food and poor decor - but excellent service! Ate twice there in the opening week and was disappointed with the food - chef needs to improve significantly if this place is to survive!

1  Thank Paul V