“Wish I read the Trip Advisor reviews before eating here-HORRIBLE!”
Review of 530 Ocean's Grill

530 Ocean's Grill
Ranked #813 of 1,103 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I wanted to catch a quick lunch after swimming and before heading to the airport. We walked down Ocean Drive and the cafe looked like it was very nice with comfy seating. We passed by the cafe to go to the clam house/crab shack down the street. The clam house looked like it was mostly fried food, so we turned around and when back to 530 Ocean's Grill. BIG MISTAKE. The hostess welcomed us in, saying we could have breakfast or lunch (it was about 11:30am). She asked us if we'd like water and gave us a lunch menu. My husband then asked her what beers they had on tap. She replied "On tap? What do you mean?" He said "You know, draft, not in the bottle, coming out of the tap?" She looked at us if we had two heads, and tried to tell us, that "yes, we do have pitchers" Ok. Maybe it was her first day or maybe the restaurant has a program to hire the people with intellectual disabilities, so I could forgive. Then she never brought over water. Ever. We never got it after asking a few times and it was about 95 degrees out. I then asked for the breakfast menu. Again, never got it. The waiter came over to take our order and I asked him again, for the breakfast menu. Finally, I got the menu and we ordered our drinks. I had a mimosa and my husband had a draft beer (the waiter did know what on tap meant). And we waited. The waiter finally came over to take our order, but no drinks or water yet. And we waited. After about 25 minutes we got our drinks, which by this time were warm. Still no water. Finally, we got our food after another 20 minutes. I gave up asking for water after the fifth time. No one came over to ask if I wanted a drink refill. The food was gross - and I'm really not that fussy. I had parmesan fries, which were $8.25! I only ordered them because I thought they'd be something special, but they were basically soggy fries with fake parmesan cheese sprinkled on them. The other dishes aren't even worth mentioning. At least, I thought to myself, I could give the waiter a small tip for the crappy service, but alas, no. The tip was added in and it was 20%. I usually tip 20%, but this service was so bad, I was going to leave less, but couldn't. I never ever saw a tip automatically added into a bill unless I was in a foreign country or if I was with a large party. On top of that my husbands one draft beer was $12.95! I usually ask what the liquor prices are when I don't see them on a menu, but it was a beer, I thought "how much can it be" Lesson learned - never order a drink when the prices are not on the menu. This whole disgusting fiasco wound up costing me $73.21 for lunch with only one drink each (and no water, of course). I'm sure if I got water they would have charged me for it anyway, so it was probably a blessing. After getting home and seeing everyone else's reviews, I wish I would have checked Trip Advisor before eating here, but sometimes I just want to be surprised. Well, surprise! This place s*cks. The crab place down the street was probably wonderful. Honestly I don't know how this place is even in business. The owner should be ashamed of himself. He should willingly close the place to benefit society, but I'm assuming it's greed that and unknowing tourists that keeps it open. There are plenty of places to eat around here. JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE.

1  Thank WeirdNJ
There are newer reviews for 530 Ocean's Grill

Reviewed September 10, 2013

After the long flight from London we landed in the chaos that is Miami International Airport to join the 1000 or so other people in the queue for Immigration. Depressing that even the Americans have reduced their Border Guard Force as a result of financial cuts. Further massive queue for car hire, then stopped again for further examination on leaving MIA. So happy to eventually get down town to wonderful Ocean Drive on South Beach !!
My wife is diabetic, and with the heat, humidity and very long travel, we had to eat shortly after arriving on Ocean Drive.
With no time to really look around/compare/Trip Advisor check before committing, we took a seat at 530 Oceans Grill. Had a view of the beach, seemed happy and friendly, with a singer performing. This is why we came to Miami !!
How disappointing to be blatantly ripped off on our first experience in Ocean Drive.
I asked for a large beer - Heineken, which came served in a cocktail type glass. It was cold and tasted genuine Heineken - Full marks then ? Wife had a diet coke, served in a can.
Food was middle of the road on quality and highly priced for what you got.
STUNNED when the bill came - at 1.5 US $ to the £, we had been charged £ 4 for the Coke and £ 20 for the beer. To use the well worn cliché - 'At least Dick TURPIN wore a mask' when he was robbing you.
I complained to first the waiter and the manager. Beer had appeared as 'cocktail' on the bill at US $ 30, - to no avail - these are the charges at 530 Oceans Grill, although these are NOT displayed anywhere on menus etc. This would be illegal in the UK.

US Law Enforcement need to close this place down for robbing its visitors.

We will never return, and told them so, but they didn't care as they are absolute cynics.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

To the owners and managers (as the waiters / waitresses probably on minimum wage or less are not responsible for prices, so I did not deduct the 20% service charge) I say- 'Shame on you'.

2  Thank James1960boyd
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Wish we had read the reviews. Just wanted a drink and dessert. Had three drinks and one dessert. Bill was $90. Service was horrible. Took over 10 minutes to be greeted after seating. Took forever for dessert to arrive. The place is unclean, too. Couldn't get out fat enough.

2  Thank Luke F
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Unreal misrepresentation! I've been all over the world and have never been taken to the cleaners like this place did to me. Pure trash

Reviewed August 30, 2013

After being accosted on the footpath, promised the earth, best food, discounts and free drinks - I relented and sat at a table, thrown a couple of menus before she headed back to accosting her next victim. But this is what they do, it's all flash, it's all fast and I feel just a little ripped off.

The service was acceptable, but no one really cares now that the tip is included in the bill with the tax. Take the order, deliver the food, check back, collect the money.

The food was nothing special, I can't really even remember what I had, all I remember is that it cost me over $80. Somehow after being promised everything, the only thing I got was a huge bill and nothing to right home about.

2  Thank Bruce C