“Perfect combo of great location and super staff!”

Pestana Miami South Beach
Ranked #27 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was my first time in Miami. Colleagues of mine advised me to go to Pestana as a solo traveller. They were not wrong.

First impression: the hotel is situated in the street just behind Collins Avenue, the "big" street for shopping, restaurants, going out, ... For me this was perfect, just off the main road, but close to everything. The girl behind the reception desk was awesome. I was checking in pretty late (around 22h) and horribly jetlagged. I just wanted to park my car and get into bed. She was so nice and yet so professional, my first impression of the hotel was immediately incredible. You get a voucher for a car park which is just two blocks away and you pay less ;-)

The room I got was very big and spacious. Colours are mostly white, so you get a really calm feeling in the room. The beds are to die for, you just sink in and fall asleep.
One negative point for me, which is quite important: noise. You do get a lot of noise in your room from surrounding rooms or from the hallway. I do hope they can fix this, because it can be a real nuisance if your neighbours decide to walk around in high heels or if they are people that like to talk much and loudly after they've been out.

There is a heated pool. For me, the temperature was a bit much, as I like to chill in the water from some hot sunbathing sessions, but on the other hand, it doens't take you 10 minutes to finally dare to get into the water.

The ocean is close by, it takes you 5 minutes to get there. Lots of great restaurants are close by, also 5 minutes walk or more depending on where you want to go.
This was my first solo travel, and partly due to the staff and the hotel, partly due to Miami and it's surroundings (Keys and Everglades), I had an amazing holiday. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Margot_VDS
There are newer reviews for Pestana Miami South Beach

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Having stayed in south beach around 20 times, I can say the Pestana south beach is a hotel I would definitely stay at again. Here is a list of amenities and features that stand out above other hotels in the same price range: free, easy to access wifi, clean updated very spacious rooms, prompt helpful staff that carries out requests and even anticipates requests (told us if we wanted to use the pull out couch in our room to let them know by 3pm so that they could make up the bed), an empty refrigerator, clean bright beautiful pool and bar area, no waiting for elevators, had a minor issue with drain in the bathroom they sent someone up right away and it was fixed. This hotel has a great location quiet street, one small block from Collins Ave. I would highly recommend the Pestana south beach to anyone looking for great location, knowledgeable staff, clean, updated rooms and exterior, and comfortable beds!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ilovevacations09
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had a wonderful time at this hotel. What made it such a great experience was the very friendly and helpful staff. They made me feel right at home,answered all my questions and seemed genuinely interested in how my trip was going and what they could do to help. In particular Steven, Liz, Andre,Gndri and Moije was extremely helpful.

Room Tip: A room on the other side of the pool is very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank cpostphd
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was staying at this hotel from the 28th until just now and from the moment of check in until check out we had a pleasant stay. We received excellent service from Edward , from the cafe , and great service from the front desk staff Alvaro and Sebastian.. The only downside was the relation to the cleaning staff whomever is responsible for the room is really poor. We had to call several times for items to delivered to the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ross S
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Booked to stay here from a recommendation of booking.com, worst decision ever.
No doubt, the location and tardiness of the hotel is very good, although the service and amenities leave a lot to be desired.
Upon arrival, we were greeted with rude and unhelpful customer service.
Ignoring are questions regarding the general services, and not empathising with our eleven hour trip from the UK.
We were made to wait at reception with poor explanation for over 3 hours, as well as accusations falase accusations of credit card fraud.
Not only was this embarrassing, but emotionally and mentally draining - which was not the start to the holiday we had hoped for.
I believe the horrific customer service we experienced at the start, lead to a poor level of service from then onwards, and lack of respect and patronising behaviour from their staff.
I'm a realise and understand not everywhere can be perfect, but I wouldn't ever recommend anyone staying here. You will do a lot better looking elsewhere and spending your money wisely.

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Cronaldo777
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana Miami South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us your experience at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel.
I regret we were not able to provide you with the customer service you were expecting.
Our goal is always to exceed guest’s expectations and it’s never easy to hear that we were unable to do so.
Unfortunately we were not able to track your reservation as we do not have your name on your comment so I would like to kindly ask you if you could contact me directly with further details.
Again, thank you for your comments and hope to hear from you soon
Regards,
João Paulo Araújo

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We made a last minute reservation at this newly renovated South Beach Hotel. Great location for all SB activities. Ocean a two block walk. Beautiful Infiniti Pool. Service is what made this hotel a delight from check in to check out. Pedro,Lizi,Edward,Alvaro,Ivan,and Schar had us feeling like family. No need went unanswered. We will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jo-Ann B
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The Hotel location is very good and what you get for the price is good value.
The room was very spacious although is was nice to have more space available to store clothes and your personal items.
The decoration is cozy and clean, the perfect style for South Beach.
The service was good and everybody was very friendly, fulfilling every request made
The breakfast was regular, nothing special, but it is the average you get in Miami Beach.

Congratulations and keep the good working!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple