“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

The service was awful the rooms were never clean front desk would look at me every time if would complain about something the location is okay not great I will not be coming back. The pool is freezing by the way no bellmans to help me with luggage.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Coolcuts
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear "Coolcuts",
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel.
We are sorry to hear we were not able to provide you the experience you were looking for.
I would like to be able to contact you personally and discuss further details of your stay.
We were very surprised on your comments regarding our location and the swimming pool temperature as these are one of the most referenced strengths of our hotel.
We are centrally located on South Beach, just a block away from the beach and the Conference Center and 2 blocks from Lincoln Road. Our swimming pool is heated and we keep the water temperature at 90F (32C).
Again, please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you have experienced at our Hotel and do not hesitate to contact me directly should you give another chance to change your perception of our services.
Regards,
João Paulo Araújo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bonn, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked the Pestana South Beach as a lucky dip hotel thru one of the major booking websites and was first disappointed, but they got better and better thru the stay.
The hotel itself did open in March or April 2013. So the furniture, beds and other equipment is kind of nice and in well shape - but they got some problems with service, especially with their housekeeping. Nearly every day something was missing, the first new soap I got after 5 days, shampoo and showergel were also forgotten untill I did ask for it. Same with new coffeepads, sugar and cream. At least it was clean and you easily got towels for the pool or beach. Pool is ok, could be a lil less heated but I think this is for the good for the guys who prefere to swimm at night. By the way ut is kind of cool that you do not have to get out at 6 or 8 pm but they just ask you to behave quietly and then you can go for a swimm even at 11pm.
The location is the best point about the Pestana SoBe, just one block away from the beautiful beach a 5 minute walk from Lincoln Road and maybe 7-8 minutes from Ocean Dive.
The got also very friendly staff, especially the bellman, front desk and the assistant GM were very nice and helpful. After all I would give them 4 of 5 as rating hoping, that they will improve to deserve they 4 stars. At this point they remind me more a 3 or 3.5 star hotel (mostly due to their careless housekeeping).

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank TheGregstar
Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Just two small blocks away from the Miami Beach Convention Center and a few blocks away from the Lincoln shopping area this is a most covenient place to stay. Great friendly service, clean modern rooms, free internet

• 4 of 5 stars
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Arriving at the hotel we were greeted by two lovely gentleman who were so sweet, enthusiastic, and complimentary. I do not recall their names but if you are greeted by them you will know exactly who I'm talking about! But the best part of the trip was meeting the most friendly helpful people who worked poolside and at the café. I got very close with them and some of their names are; Lizi, Moises, Andre, and Yoany. They were the most pleasant people I have come across in along time. Not only was the hotel beautiful and located right by the beach and the shops but the staff made my experience ALOT more wonderful! Had a great time, would recommend this to anyone who is taking a trip to Miami. One of the best I have stayed at!

Thanks to the staff you were all outstanding! :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank michaellaf
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Started off great....welcoming and friendly staff at checkin. Hotel is aesthetically pleasing and in a great location....only minutes from Lincoln. Pool is also lovely and nice to spend time lounging around.

The biggest issues were 1) the noise...walls are thin, which is to be expected in a hotel but you can hear everything from the hallway when people come in late. If you are a light sleeper this can be an issue. 2) the wall, floors and tile in the room need a good scrub. Both of these issues certainly didn't ruin my stay, but made it far less enjoyable.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Wonderful experience. The staff upon arrival was welcoming. Bellman was courteous and helpful. Self parking was a couple blocks away at a valet garage. $30 a day. But this is SoBe which is about average. Just would've been nice if you didn't have to drive yourself for drop off. Room had a nice comfy king bed. No room for luggage but other than that very nice. Rooms kinda small but ok for Art Deco area. Breakfast was not impressive, but other services from pool bar were good. Being 1 block from beach and 2 blocks from Lincoln Rd makes location great.

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dwyday
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent my 33 bday in Miami. We usually stay at the Shelborne so imagine my surprised when I was told we were going some where different. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised. It was a great location one block from the beach (and not country blocks) and was gorgeous on the inside.
When we checked in we were greeted by Maxiaro soba who made sure that we were more than happy with our sleeping arrangements for the night. When were arrived @ our room I was more than impressed our room the room was amazing.
We spent several of our nights at the bar area with who I must say are the best hotel staff in south beach Alvaro, Orbin, and Andre thanks you for make our stay enjoyable.