“Can´t trust personnel?”

Pestana Miami South Beach
Ranked #25 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I left my iPhone in the trunk of my car, while I was getting out some bags. Suddenly the bellboy came to help and in two seconds my pone was gone!
Fortunately I could call immediately from another phone I had in the car, and when it started ringing, the bellboy came back with the phone in his hand!
It wasn´t a mistake, he stole it. So sad, that we can’t trust people!.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank supertravelover
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana Miami South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.
We regret to read this unfortunate review. This is a very concerning situation for us and I regret that you did not speak with management at the time this occurred, as it is difficult now to evaluate what happened since this occurred during your stay in June.
Nevertheless, even with the time span that has passed we would like to make an internal investigation and kindly ask that you contact me directly at joao.araujo@pestana.com.
I look forward to your response about this situation.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The white paint and fresh look is appealing and makes this hotel look attractive. The rooms are fresh and look clean (a closer look and you will see this is not the case). The pool and seating area are also comfortable and look impressive. The overall, location is great- A few minutes from South Beach! However, the restaurant is disgraceful. The quality of the food is awful and the standard of service was the worst I have expereinced in the whole of America. The two young servers had real attitude and rather than serving they stood around chatting about their weekend, boyfriend experiences and other interesting topics could be heard by passing guests. Then....after 1 hour the food came! Not just a long wait but MOULD growing on the burger bun! It was disgusting. The server just looks and says 'oh sorry, let me change that' and walks off. To serve a burger with green/white mould on it is simply unacceptable. I can't imagine what the standards are like in their kitchen, especially if such a visible problem can be passed out to guests! The restaurant manager came and was helpful but such poor standards cannot be overlooked. I would not eat any food from their kitchen, plenty of places outside with better quality and at a better price! Overall, the hotel looks very good- it is fresh and modern but what lurks beneath the shiny facade........may not be so pleasant!

Room Tip: Paulo the CONCIERGE guy is very helpful. His night time entertainment tips are very helpful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Davec82
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Loved our stay at Pestana in SOBE. We were there a group trip for the Justin Timberlake/ Jay-Z Summer Tour. All ages as old as 39 (me) as young as 28 both male and female. Our room was great, plenty of room and great bathroom. Other group had rented a suite which was awesome. 2 balconies that overlooked the pool area. In our room the only thing slightly odd was the ultra modern light switches. If you turned all off at the bed at night, you somehow had to turn all on by the door to get the TV on, but keep the lights off? It was weird. Not a big enough deal to call about.
I would defintiely stay at this property again. The prices were great, beautiful decor, awesome pool and very accomdating staff. I'm not sure what more you could want. Location was a block from all the action in either direction.

My one suggestion is to research parking options more throughtly then we did prior to arrival. They have a garage they recommend, not bad. There were cheaper options but we were kind of in a rush to start our vacation and felt better about the garage.

Highly recommend for couples, friends, solo. etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana Miami South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel, we were delighted to hear you all had the chance to spend a great time with us!
Hope to have the chance to welcome you again on your next visit to Miami.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is in a good quiet location. The front desk in the morning check in was very helpful. The hotel was nicely decorated in the art deco decor. The room was clean and nice. The pool was very nice and relaxing but in our room the AC stopped working around 11:30 at night the maintenance came up to fix it before we went out. Then around 4:00am the AC broke again and then the room had a noise from the AC compressor. When we check out and told the front desk clerk she did not care she said no manager on duty. Another maintenance person was standing by the front desk and he said we had a bad location of room and rolled his eyes because he said we must of opened the window and that is why the AC stopped working. They did not care that we had no AC and a loud noise in room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tylergr01

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your very kind comments regarding our location and hotel facilities, namely the swimming pool area, rooms and general décor.
We are very sorry to hear we were not able to resolve the air conditioning problem. The satisfaction of every single guest is our main priority and I can assure you that we do care - please accept my sincere apologies.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next visit to Miami.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with and amazeing staff! This was my very first time booking online and i would mostly defiantly do it again! The Pestana was exactly what i expected and more. The pictures were the same and not misleading at all. The hotel is clealy in walking distance from everything and im so glad i didnt choose any other hotel for the price i paid. Me and my bestfriend came to Miami for my 27th bday and with the help of this great hotel and staff its was the best ever!!!!!!
Staff:
The staff was great from the time we were let out the taxi and Daniel (the bell hop) greeted us at the street to take our bags in. We arrived a few hours before check in So Marie (front desk clerk) allowed us to store our bags for free until it was time to checkin. She also gave us the option to swim at the pool and provided us with a map of the area and informed us where all the stores and eatting places were. The restaurant hotel "The Mermaid" was great the food was on point and very inexpensive. We stayed at this Hotel for 4nights and we ate here majority of the time! The waiter and waitress the worked from lunch to close were great and their customer service was great and they were very helpful!

The one and only bad thing was they ran out of small white face towels but it was no biggie the explained to us and apologized! So im assumeing the guest weren't turning them in are allowing them to pick them up but they kept asking for them. But keep in mind this hotel was very busy becuase there was people checkin in around the clock. But as soon as they got them cleaned they issued us some .

I would stay here again in a heartbeat if I ever have the pleasure of visiting Miami South Beach!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana Miami South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting such a fantastic review on Tripadvisor!
We are pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you had a fantastic time with us.
We will share your kind comments with our team.
We look forward to welcome you again at Pestana South Beach Hotel!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife. my daughter and I chose the very impressive Pestana over all the others - this was to celebrate our 25 year wedding anniversary. On the 26th June both of our room cards required a reset. That evening an Ipad and $500 in cash was stolen from our room. The manager stated that my key was used (whilst we were miles away) suggesting a key cloning scam.
The theft really spoiled our holiday so best beware - note that they have safes in the rooms but they are not fixed to anything.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Graham C
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After having read a lot of reviews I found this hotel. Very friendly staff, lobby light and airy. The room was great. Everything was modern, brand new and functional. Some loud guests at night but that is the price you pay if you elect to live in a party district. Hotel is on a side street just two blocks from the ocean. Hotel was previously an apartment complex and the hotel was finished Feb of 2013.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel.
We were delighted to read your satisfaction concerning our team attitude, hotel amenities and location and the most important thing that you were able to enjoy your time with us, thank you!
Hope to have the change to welcome you in the near future.