“Excellent”
Review of Barock - CLOSED

Barock
Cuisines: American, Asian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Internationally acclaimed restaurateur Tommy Sjoo has opened his first venue in the U.S. in South Beach, Barock Miami. Barock's sister properties in Prague and Marbella have hosted Heads of State and countless celebrities. Barocks menu is unrivaled in all of Miami. Please join us at your earliest convenience.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I happened upon this place looking for comfortable place to eat as I was alone in town on business. The girl out front was excellent in describing what the restaurant had to offer for food and beverage. I sat at the bar and service/conversation was great with the bartender. I had an appetizer and a few drinks and it was excellent. The owner was there and very nice to me as was all the staff. Being a female, alone in Miami can be intimidating but they made me feel very comfortable. Next time I am in town I will definitely come back again.

• Visited April 2013
BarockMiami, Owner at Barock, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
We would like to thank you for the opportunity to host you on your recent business trip to Miami. We have passed your kind words on to Leila, our hostess and Nate, our bar manager as they are excellent examples of what we strive to accomplish here at Barock Miami. We will be honored to have you as our guest the next time you are in Miami and hope that you will always feel comfortable and at home with us. We value our guests and hope that each one will come back soon and often. Hopefully, the next time you visit, you will not need the umbrella, but if you do, I can assure you we will have an umbrella stand for your convenience. Thank you from all of us, and we hope to see you as your schedule allows.

“A pleasant evening”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Me and my wife has just returned from a wonderful evening at the Barock.
We choosed Barock even though the restaurant was empty but we had the best service along with really good food.
The loobster was tasty!

BarockMiami, Owner at Barock, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for the lovely and kind words for all of us here at Barock Miami. As we continue to strive for the success enjoyed by our sister properties in Prague and Marbella, we try everyday to improve the overall experience of our guests, that we are so privileged to host. We know that you had multiple options available to you and we are grateful we had the opportunity to host you. We hope that if your travels include Miami again, we would be honored to have you back to see the additional things we have planned for Barock Miami. Once again, thank you from the entire staff.
Poway, California
“An excellent find”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I just happened to choose this ocean front restaurant on a recent visit to South Beach, Miami, Florida and what an excellent choice it turned out to be.
My Sea Bass took a little while but I was for warned that it would be 20 minutes so I was prepared. It was prepared en papillote in a banana leaf - so very moist with very fine julienne of ginger and I believe orange. It was served with wonderful glazed baby carrots and spring greens. My husband had a rice dish which he said that it was also excellent. The service was attentive without being over powering. and our waiter was delighted when we told him how much we enjoyed our meal.
We sat outside to watch the people but the inside was charming and the rest rooms were very clean.
It was not inexpensive but it was worth the price.

• Visited March 2013
BarockMiami, Owner at Barock, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
We want to extend our gratitude for your kind remarks. We hope you will return soon and often, as we continue to prepare for our grand opening later in April. As we continue to strive to achieve the iconic status enjoyed by our sister properties in Prague and Marbella, we have to pay attention to the smallest of details and we are glad that you noticed some of them. We are our harshest critics when it comes to the food that we provide our guests and we will continue our diligence with wonderful guests just as yourself, who have allowed us to host them.From all of us here at Barock Miami we extend our thanks and wish you well until your return
Denville, New Jersey
“Excellent ambiance-food underwhelming”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Trendy, yet warm interior. Cozy touches with large candles in vases, & comfortable nooks to sit while stippling delicious creative cocktail from bar. Menu is limited. We ordered pancake pork tacos. Presentation was impressive, pork was flavorful, but dry. Especially when placed on top of the pancakes there were no juices to hold the dish together. The calamari was very good- tender and lightly breaded. The salad was arugula but the dressing was not very flavorful or interesting. Service was consistent and knowledgable. Our drinks were interesting, but not much kick in them and we had two each. I would give the environment a 7 with 5 for food. We are from New York and perhaps our expectations were higher.

BarockMiami, Owner at Barock, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We have shared your comments with our entire staff and want to extend a thank you and our appreciation. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations, no matter how lofty they may be. We would like to extend another invitation for you to join us during your next visit to South Beach. We are taking your comments very seriously, as we at Barock Maimi continually strive to improve our standards for anywhere in the world. Our iconic sister restaurants in Prague and Marbella have set a wonderful example for us to achieve.
London, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had lunch here by chance as it had a lovely outdoor seated area on the front. The service, food and wine was very good and just what we needed on our last day in Miami.

I was impressed by the interior of the restaurant which was designed and executed well. The bathrooms were spotless as was the kitchen which I could see into on my way back to my table.

• Visited March 2013
BarockMiami, Owner at Barock, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We would sincerely like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comments regarding your visit to Barock Miami. A quick update for you and your next visit. We are about to add some very nice features to our bar and lounge areas. We have a custom built sofa seating area we are finalizing this weekend which will add another unique area for our guests to share food, wine and cocktails in a relaxed upscale environment. We are finalizing the plans for our fine dining facility in the back of the restaurant which will be completed soon as well, giving us four options for our guests to enjoy. Please join us on your next opportunity and we thank you again.