“Nice place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Local House

The Local House
Ranked #161 of 1,066 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 4th St.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were staying at the Savoy hotel so this was close by. Its located at the quite end of Ocean drive, its a nice place, food and wine is good but a small menu.

• Visited January 2014

Tennessee
“Wonderful except lack of vegetarian options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

This elegant, cozy bar/restaurant is located South of Fifth in South Beach. The location is nice...no thumping club music, no screaming 21 year olds, etc. On Ocean Dr, but quiet. We sat on the patio, which I highly recommend for people watching and fresh air. Since there were almost no vegetarian options, we had the DIVINE goat cheese croquettes with spicy guava cream. Seriously delicious. Also had a flourless chocolate cake with a raspberry compote. Very good. Those dishes, plus 2 wines and tip was about $50. Expensive for such small amounts of food, but it was worth it for the quality of the food and wine. Great service. They will let you sit there forever if you don't ask for your check. Some people enjoy this approach, but I don't. Not a big deal. We plan to get more of those goat cheese thingies soon!

• Visited January 2014
washington dc
“Good eats.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Just across the street from the Balfour. We had one dinner and one lunch at the Local House. Both were very nice.

Visited December 2013
England
“Chic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Three of us went for brunch and had steak and eggs, eggs benedict and spaghetti bolognese. All cooked perfectly with lots of flavour and presented nicely. Not big portions but adequate for brunch. Also good bar and extensive drinks menu. Not cheap but worth going.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“A cozy restaurant with excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

OVERVIEW: Excellent food with creative menu, cozy living room atmosphere, moderate prices, excellent service. I had been looking for a restaurant for my bridal luncheon and decided on this restaurant when I saw the creative menu they had. This restaurant offers the whole package for foodies: atmosphere, a wide creative menu and service becoming of such a restaurant. It was small and cozy yet a quiet environment so we could hear each other without screaming. I loved the decor with the books and shelves and couch-like seating. It felt like we were sitting in a cozy living room. As I said, the menu is extensive in creative choices and we could hardly decide what to get. When the food arrived all our chatter ceased and all could be heard was the sound of silverware against plates and moans of pleasure. I decided on the grilled grouper sandwich. The ingredients were fresh and the tartar sauce gave it a nice spicy kick. I also tasted the strawberry arugula salad and that was delicious. I had the bacon wrapped stuffed dates and the coconut milk ceviches which were also good. I can't remember what else I tasted but what I do remember is that there was not a morsel of food that entered my mouth that did not bring gastronomical pleasure. The staff were wonderful. They were friendly and brought the food in a timely manner. They also did not rush us out when we lingered to chat after our meal. The Local House is one of the best restaurants I have dined at.

• Visited November 2013