“Wonderful late lunch!”

Cumberland, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful late lunch!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friend and I had a late lunch at The Local House on February 18. It was just wonderful! The hand-made drinks were absolutely wonderful - especially the Mojitos! The patio outside looked lovely - unfortunately we had to sit inside because the weather was chilly.

• Visited February 2013

“Nice little place in SoBe”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Italian restaurant as part of Sense Hotel. Nice food, well prepared and nicely served by friendly staff. Prices (as everywhere in South Beach) too high. 7 dollars for a beer (+ taxes and gratuity ) makes it around 10 dollars - too much for a beer!
The atmosphere in this spot is also good and much more relaxed than at other eateries on Ocean Drive.

• Visited February 2013
“South beach meets Martha's Vineyard”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This place was absolutely beautiful!!! I atmosphere and the ambience is amazing, this setting prepares the soul for a very relaxing and comfortable experience. I highly recommend this place for those who love to enjoy the feeling of being at home and all over the America's at the same time. The pool area is phenomenal!!! It took my breath away, with views of the beach, and the high rises of both SOBE and Miami. I was there enjoying mimosas and watching the sunset over MIAMI.

Los Angeles, California
“A Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place was great. Its a little off the beaten path and a wonderful hidden treasure in South Beach. The food was fabulous and our waiter, JC was very good and patient with our large group.

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Delicious food and great service!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

After walking down Ocean Drive looking for a restaurant for lunch with a girlfriend we came across The Local House, the first thing that grabbed my attention was the location.
The location is perfect because its right by all the craziness that is Ocean Dr with out being in the middle of it. It really gives you a great "local" vibe.
The decor is beautiful, very beach zen like. It's exactly what a restaurant right next to the beach should look like.
The food was delicious! It's a tapa themed menu, I had the Ceviche and Calamari and my girlfriend had the lamb sliders and croquettes. I was surprised and pleased to see the prices were not at all expensive, very reasonable especially since its in South beach which tends to be pricey.
The service was fantastic, very helpful and friendly. From the moment we walked in the door they were all smiles!

We were definitely happy with everything the local house had to offer and plan on going for dinner soon! I really recommend it, you will not be disappointed!