“Don't miss this South Beach gem!”
Review of Khong River House - CLOSED

Khong River House
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lincoln Road
Description: We're moving, stay tuned!
Reviewed September 6, 2013

On a recent visit to South Beach for our anniversary, my partner and I had lunch at Khong River House. My partner had seen a small article in Travel & Leisure and made sure I cut it our to take with us on our trip. We went looking for the restaurant when we arrived in South Beach and were surprised to find it at the location of the former Miss Yip's Chinese Restaurant, also one of our past favorites. The place was completely redone in a funky Asian-style motif that was comfortable and fun. The food was fantastic and we tried many of the small offerings and wish we could have tasted them all. The menu is diverse and interesting. The service was a bit slow, but with everything made fresh and by hand, it is worth the wait. We will look forward to returning and trying them for dinner. Only a block off Lincoln Road, it is just far enough away from all the tourist traps and is really a culinary find. Give Khong River House a try and you will see what I mean!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wonderful Thai restaurant just off Lincoln road with valet parking -typical Sobe price but right at engrams to restaurant. Attentive and knowledgeable wait staff with honest recommendstions and options for carnivores, vegetarians and those gluten free. Portions large enough to share, and the best homemade ice cream too!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was average. I was expecting more then I got. The best item was the beef jerky. I have been to better Thai restaurants at a lot cheaper prices.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Best place I've eaten in a long while! We had papaya salad, meat balls, mushrooms, crispy duck, and massaman beef curry --- all above average. They also had some yummy cocktails and some great wine by the glass. Service was flawless and friendly.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I don't get all the buzz -- this is pretty good thai (emphasis on pretty). Asian is not Miami's strong suit but we actually have some decent Thai options.

Very-not-Thai staff.

I did not care for the corporate feel of the place (but one of the five star reviews here called it PF Chang on steriods and I can agree with that even if not in the star rating).

Food is small g-good. For the prices, I would really say no. This is not a destination-worth place.

I would recommend it to friends visiting south beach who want to walk to dinner -- in the context of the tourist-traps lining Lincoln road, this is a good choice.

For visitors not staying on south beach, I would not recommend a trip here (unless you want to pair it with lincoln road -- that makes sense).