“Superb”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lincoln Road
Description: We're moving, stay tuned!
Reviewed March 4, 2013

What a great place to find just off Lincoln Rd. they have got everything right. The look of the dining room is so cool and the staff helpful and professional. The Pork Buns were sensational followed by Khao Soi Gai or Chiang Mai Noodles. I live in Chiang Mai so can attest to the authenticity even down to he pickles served on the side. I saw great looking Banh Mi being served which I will go back for. The room has a great vibe and was packed for lunch with happy customers.
Thanks to 50 Eggs for creating another great restaurant.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We went to Khong River House because I had heard the buzz about how beautiful the restaurant is...and it is gorgeous!!! The atmosphere is stunning. The drawback, and I never expected this to be a drawback, was that everything we ordered was so spicy that it made everyone at the table uncomfortable. When my husband and I go to a Thai restaurant, we both order the food hot, and our nephew ,who was with us, orders Thai hot. (The waitress didn't ask us about our spice level preference, so we assumed that it would come mild, and we could spice it up ourselves. Not so.) All three of us were overwhelmed by the heat. Our nephew's girlfriend gave up almost on the second bite. The rest of us soldiered on, but it wasn't pleasant. Such a shame because this could have been one our go to places when we are in Miami, but sadly we will look elsewhere.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The food was delicious and the service was fun and friendly with several of the dishes being an interesting and different take on Thai cuisine. If you're a larger group (5+) try to get one of the tables in the booths in the rear - they are much more intimate and conducive to a nice dinner.

One of the main reasons I wouldn't rate this place as excellent was the loud choice of music. I don't understand how you can go to all the trouble of designing an beautiful and sophisticated decor, and a lovely culinary experience and ruin it with loud early 80's pop (Michael Jackson, Blondie, etc). When I brought it up I was told by one of our friends who had been to the restaurant previously and who had made the same complaint that the "chef liked it". I didn't realize that the dining experience was supposed to benefit the chef and not the customers.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a typical south beach scene and a great noisy,people watching place.Service is excellent Food is northern Thai,smallish portions , slightly overpriced. Glass of wine is between $12-$15. Full bar has all kinds of mixed drinks and beer.
Food is served family style, which means it is brought out as it is ready. Beef curry came in large bowl with lots of sauce, but little meat. Shrimp dish was good, but shrimp were served whole with eyes bulging at you and you had to peel shell yourself. Chicken wings and noodle wraps were spicy and delicious. Stir fried tofu was tasty. Stir fried broccoli and grilled eggplant dishes were our favorites.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I stumbled upon this place at lunchtime. The ambiance is very cool, lots of wood, tin siding, very upscale bar. Over 20 types of gin, not to mention copious varieties of other spirits. Unfortunately we were there for lunch so I didn't get to sample any of them. We'll have to go back!! The place was packed, having just been overrun by a bunch of dermatologists from the AAD meeting. We settled for the bar. I had the crispy pork sandwich, outstanding. Almost too crisp, as some pieces were a bit ceramic like. The hot sauce on the side was fantastic, as long as discretion was used. My wife had the chicken curry noodles, highly recommended by the bartender. It was quite good, a bit too sweet for our tastes. A "nit", the diet Coke I had was served in a bottle (8 oz), very small portion, and no free refills. We'd like to go back for cocktails and dinner.