“Excellent South Beach Hotel!”

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
Ranked #97 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The James Royal Palm is a terrific hotel! My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. The staff was extremely helpful and informative. I felt like I was the only person there, even though the place was booked! We enjoyed the pool and beach, and especially felt that Joseph, Oscar, and Raquel were helpful, kind, and attentive. The benefits of this hotel include: location, cleanliness, beautiful; big enough to make a difference, yet small enough to pay attention to the details. We loved the cucumber water in the lobby upon check in. Additionally, the room was very spacious and clean, as was the bathroom. We stayed in room 1046, it was a lovely ocean front with a little spot to see the city as well. Another thing we noted was how accommodating this hotel seemed in you need assistance in a wheelchair. Lots of ramps, chairs into the pool, and rails. That is not something I notice at other hotels. The decor inside The James is also beautiful and clean...two important things in Miami. I also would like to mention the night manager, Andre for his attention to a mistake on our final bill. He was professional, quick in response, and helpful, his service is greatly appreciated!
The only down side, and I don't think it applies only to The James, was the actual sand on the beach. Through out our walk along the beach it was very noticeable how dirty the sand is! There are lots of straws, bottle caps and garbage. After walking along the beach in Ocean Drive, we thought the sand might be less polluted in front of the private hotels. It was only slightly noticeable. I know it must be hard to keep sand clean, and really, it's the guests that make it messy, not the hotels. However, I thought this worth mentioning in case you are interested in Miami for the beach. It's nice, but there are better beaches in Florida. However, if you would like a beautiful hotel, a wonderful staff, perfect location, and fun experience, I recommend The James Royal Palm.

Room Tip: 1046 was a great ocean front
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cole312

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The James Royal Palm is a spot on choice for a stay in South Beach. Very comfortable, clean and modern with a helpful and kind staff, and a great coffee bar. Nice pools and easy ocean access.

Top notch!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights, had a few rooms. Great situation, cool lobby and a good pool. Staff friendly and seems to be very well run. Nice bar, pool restaurant just a bit pricey. Had a few thunder filled days but hotel not at fault for that. Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Pascal145
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I went for a small one week getaway to relax, recharge and walk the beach of Miami after a long cold winter in Canada. The service was fantastic, always greeted with a smile. The staff at The James Royal Palm were excellent. Monise from Housekeeping greeted me daily with a terrific smile and kept my room in pristine condition! It was my home away from home with a terrific ocean view. Looking to find a little something to do, Brooke Price the Concierge at The James was over the top terrific, he knew exactly what was going on in South Beach/ Miami, Restaurants, venues, bars, events, name it, food, type of music... he knew exactly what to recommend depending on what you wanted to do. He was so well connected. Very professional. Always greeted with friendly faces, the staff really helped make this hotel a 5 out of 5.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Everything at the James is modern and comfortable. Most of the rooms with ocean view. The staff i very helpul and the location in Miami beach is perfect, right in Collins Av.. The deco style is everywhere around.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have travelled to Miami plenty of times and always have had a great experience. However I have never really written a review about a hotel experience in Miami. I had such a great time during my stay at the James Royal Palm, from the moment I checked in to the time I checked out. However I felt that the most attentive person during my stay was actually my mini bar attendant Michael Martinez. One day he happened to knock on my door to restock the mini bar in my room and he was readily available to assist me. I needed some extra bottles of water and bath towels for the day. He even went to get me some ice. He helped me out with no problem and made it clear that whatever I needed he would be readily available. Thank you Michael for making the experience in my room a great one.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We loved our stay in this Art deco five star hotel with a feeling of a boutique. The service was great. We stayed at a 2 bed room with ocean view, it was great! the room service was excellent.rooms were always clean. we got free bikes from the concierge and toured at the beach side, it was fun! the concierge was very helpful in securing us restaurant bookings, which I strongly suggest to do. The location is perfect in the middle of the south beach. Make sure you use the Beach facility and enjoy a dip in the ocean!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
City Center
The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
#28 of 212 in Miami Beach

Been to Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort? Share your experiences!